Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain Customer Service (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78476-fountain-customer-service.html)

388Hustler 05-07-2004 11:23 AM

Your comparison of cars to boats isn't a good one in my opinion. Do you have any idea how many cars GM produces a year compared to boats from Fountain? Fountain's "mass production" isn't many boats (unless you have a problem with all of them)

Dean

rjcardinal 05-07-2004 11:40 AM

Hey Isurvived

Your avatar looks familiar!!!!!

Ron

IceAngel 05-07-2004 11:42 AM

Originally posted by 388Hustler
Your comparison of cars to boats isn't a good one in my opinion. Do you have any idea how many cars GM produces a year compared to boats from Fountain? Fountain's "mass production" isn't many boats (unless you have a problem with all of them)

Dean

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Sloman 05-07-2004 11:43 AM

I think they need to stop worrying about the 2mph that OL has them and get back to working on customer service :D:D:D

BZ 05-07-2004 12:32 PM

I guess it goes back to 2 things it's not what you know but who you know. i have bought 2 fountains and who ever said the Gail lane is the one to talk to is right. i have even had warranty work done by an independent dealer and they paid the shop directly. you can't beat that for cust service. I would buy another boat from fountain in a min.

IDRPSTF 05-07-2004 12:51 PM

I remember the service dept at DSM trying to get hold of Fountain. It would take days to get a return call. But if we called about ordering a new boat the phones would ring right back. Its just there way.

By the way I love the tag line: Who is John Gault? Great book

IceAngel 05-07-2004 12:54 PM

Just put in another call to Wyatt and Jeff both. Let's see how this one goes. Keep your fingers crossed that we get a response like the one that some of you have gotten.

IceAngel 05-07-2004 04:03 PM

TTT

eliminator219 05-08-2004 08:03 AM

Customer Relation?

Terra
real sorry to hear that you people are having such bad luck with Fountains head people.
A couple of years ago I was at the Miami Boat Show and had the occassion to be looking at Fountains.Reggie Fountain came up to me and introduced himself, shook my hand and then thanked me for coming to look at his boats.. I have never had anything like this happen before and I have been to a lot of boat and engine builders shops. I was so impressed with this that I thought when and if I ever get rid of my Left Coast Boat I would get a fountain.. Now Im not so sure after reading the above posts. There isnt a time in the past that when I call Eliminator that they dont answer my questions,send requested parts and above all if no one is there at the time of my calls, they do return the calls that day>>
It really sounds bad when they are not interested in getting a factory defect taken care of:rolleyes: Its not like Sean is someone that no one knows, as long as has been around.. Its has to be like Malaka(Sounds like a great handle!By the way it means Jackoff in Greek)) is saying in a round about way, they are too busy selling boats that they dont have time to take care of their customers..Sorry state of affairs!! Anyway, Terra and Sean Good luck! Im sure you are going to need it, if Bob Teague cant get them to answer!! Who will they answer?
eliminator219

GO4BROKE 05-08-2004 08:46 AM

There are no comparisons between the auto and boat industries. I have run service departments in both. Auto dealers do have a "blank check" to a degree. Boat waranty issues are done on individual basis and must be authorized. A dealer may choose to take care of minor issues themselves and risk not being reimbursed, but the big stuff must be approved.