Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best hotel in the Keys? help (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78559-best-hotel-keys-help.html)

Becca 05-09-2004 07:51 PM

try Islemorada or specifically Holiday Isle. I see kids there all the time running aroung, lots of shopping, the sandbar where everyone parties, and lots of little bars. It's holidayisle.com Good Luck!!!

Rice Hauler 05-09-2004 08:02 PM

Hawk's Cay

1 Attachment(s)
As far as things go if you don't mind my .02 cents. Hawk's is the greatest.
The hot tip is arrange for one of the Villas off the South/Back Boat Basin.
They have a couple of different sizes. Two and three bedrooms with Convertible Study's that can hold another couple or some kids.
Hawk's caters to families and kids and have all water sports, fishing, spa, etc. right there.
Call me spoiled but whenever Angela and I think fun we think Hawk's. Especially when taking an extra couple or two or three.
Best,
Robert Shin
a.k.a. Rice Hauler
P.S. This photo was taken during last year's Miami Boat Show Poker Run as us and a group of 5 other boats came into Hawks for the day. And had a blast.

BK 05-10-2004 09:13 AM

You all are the BEST!

Thanks for all the great info.

As of now, we are leaning toward Hawks Cay w/ an excursion to Little Palm Island for dinner one evening. :) (If we can find a sitter).

I showed my husband the website for that place, and he said "Wow. We're going there!". Yesss!

I just have to wait to hear back from England and see what they think.

Thanks again everyone! I'm so psyched!

Pat D. 05-10-2004 10:07 AM

Some side advice on both of those choices.....if you want to have a swim with the dolphins at Hawk's Cay, book ahead early.......and you will need a dinner reservation for Little Palm for both the restaurant and the boat shuttle.
Enjoy!

boomer 05-10-2004 11:29 AM

Wife and I stayed at a Bed and Breakfast in Key West Center Court Guest houses. Nice off the main Strip so quite but very walkable to all the spots.

BK 06-05-2004 12:01 AM

Re: Best hotel in the Keys? help

Ron, Pat and Ricehauler,

Ohmygod. We just got back from our LIttle Palm Island dinner a few minutes ago and all I can say is WOW, what a place!!! We just had one of the most magnificient evenings we've ever experienced. Like a living dream. :)

Thanks so much for all your advice!

Our Hawks Cay Villa is awesome too...will post some pics when we get back home. TOmorrow is the scuba/snorkel trip - need some shut eye for another fabulous day. I'm sure going to hate leaving this place. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to meet some OSO'ers out here....Maybe next time!

Thanks again to all who gave us tips on a great Keys :drink: vacation!

BK

MarathonHerb 06-05-2004 07:21 AM

Re: Best hotel in the Keys? help

You can fly into Marathon for the race next week. Florida Coastal Airlines is the only scheduled passenger air service to Marathon. Florida Coastal flies from Ft. Lauderdale into Marathon with flights most days of the week for around $100.

For more info: www.flyfca.com or 1-888-I FLY FCA (1-888-435-9322)