If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    try Islemorada or specifically Holiday Isle. I see kids there all the time running aroung, lots of shopping, the sandbar where everyone parties, and lots of little bars. It's Good Luck!!!

Gold Member Gold Member Rice Hauler's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2001 Cigarette Top Gun Lip Ship Edition

Hawk's Cay

As far as things go if you don't mind my .02 cents. Hawk's is the greatest.
    The hot tip is arrange for one of the Villas off the South/Back Boat Basin.
    They have a couple of different sizes. Two and three bedrooms with Convertible Study's that can hold another couple or some kids.
    Hawk's caters to families and kids and have all water sports, fishing, spa, etc. right there.
    Call me spoiled but whenever Angela and I think fun we think Hawk's. Especially when taking an extra couple or two or three.
    Robert Shin
    a.k.a. Rice Hauler
    P.S. This photo was taken during last year's Miami Boat Show Poker Run as us and a group of 5 other boats came into Hawks for the day. And had a blast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rice Hauler; 05-09-2004 at 08:04 PM.
    "Lovin' Life and Livin Large"..OffShore

You all are the BEST!

Thanks for all the great info.

As of now, we are leaning toward Hawks Cay w/ an excursion to Little Palm Island for dinner one evening. (If we can find a sitter).

I showed my husband the website for that place, and he said "Wow. We're going there!". Yesss!

I just have to wait to hear back from England and see what they think.

Thanks again everyone! I'm so psyched!

Pat D.
    Some side advice on both of those choices.....if you want to have a swim with the dolphins at Hawk's Cay, book ahead early.......and you will need a dinner reservation for Little Palm for both the restaurant and the boat shuttle.

Glastonbury, CT
    Wife and I stayed at a Bed and Breakfast in Key West Center Court Guest houses. Nice off the main Strip so quite but very walkable to all the spots.

Re: Best hotel in the Keys? help

Ron, Pat and Ricehauler,

Ohmygod. We just got back from our LIttle Palm Island dinner a few minutes ago and all I can say is WOW, what a place!!! We just had one of the most magnificient evenings we've ever experienced. Like a living dream.

Thanks so much for all your advice!

Our Hawks Cay Villa is awesome too...will post some pics when we get back home. TOmorrow is the scuba/snorkel trip - need some shut eye for another fabulous day. I'm sure going to hate leaving this place. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to meet some OSO'ers out here....Maybe next time!

Thanks again to all who gave us tips on a great Keys vacation!

Re: Best hotel in the Keys? help

You can fly into Marathon for the race next week. Florida Coastal Airlines is the only scheduled passenger air service to Marathon. Florida Coastal flies from Ft. Lauderdale into Marathon with flights most days of the week for around $100.

For more info: or 1-888-I FLY FCA (1-888-435-9322)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12