Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Did Someone Sink a 35-Foot Nordic at Lake Cumberland? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78721-did-someone-sink-35-foot-nordic-lake-cumberland.html)

Pesky Varmint 05-10-2004 02:51 PM

Two things:

Second, everytime these accidents happen everyone
starts speculating and supposing and there's one thing
I can tell you: If you weren't in the accident or weren't
a firsthand witness, you don't know what you're talking
about and you're opinion is worthless.

My wife personally proved how strong Nordic 35
hulls are. Hers went four wheeling and we'd still
have it if it hadn't hit the huge mesquite tree that
ruptured the front starboard of the hull.

The bs that flew when my wife had her accident continues to this day and never fails to astonish me.
If you haven't talked to me or my wife you never know what actually happened. Guarantee it.

We bought another 35 Nordic if that says anything, a boat that has endured 3 seasons, 300 hours, 4 trips to
Catalina and back as part of the Catalina ski race. Can't
remember how many poker runs. The weakest links on the boat: they weren't made by Nordic, but rather by a company whose name starts with an M.

Pesky Varmint

SummerObsession 05-10-2004 02:58 PM

Re: Quit Speculating

Originally posted by 38Fountain
As the only person who actually saw what happened and as a friend of Mike's please don't offer up your version of what happened, especially if you are in not even in the same state. This is Mike's 3rd Nordic - He is not an inexperienced boater. Since SummerObsession is so sure it's driver error, maybe you would like to come inspect the boat to confirm that - we need an "expert" to look at it. To set the record straight, the boat was not going 85 mph, it wasn't even going 60 mph. Mike was going about 35-40 mph when it happened - this is why they are OK. It did happen in a turn and the boat did not spin out. Mike and his wife are fine.
38Fountain:
Easy there, bud. My comment was made on the "facts" or "speculations" of what happened BEFORE any real truths came out. If the accident would have happened as described, then I don't what you would call someone turning ANY boat, stepped or not, abruptly at the speeds indicated above BUT driver error.

I'm glad everyone is OK, and also glad this was a real unavoidable accident instead of inexperience or ego.:D

39 Unlimited 05-10-2004 02:58 PM

Finally someone that actually knows the story spoke. Thanks Half Fast, well put. LP, thanx as well.

jeff bratton 05-10-2004 02:59 PM

I love some of the "smart" asses on this board. glad eveyone is ok. well put halffast

CigDaze 05-10-2004 03:07 PM

Glad all involved are okay. This is just another unfortunate accident. :( :(

Thanks for the inside info, halffast.

Donzigerl 05-10-2004 03:22 PM

Thanks half fast!!!!

~gen

tomtbone1993 05-10-2004 03:26 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sydwayz 05-10-2004 03:57 PM

I can't wait to get my stepped bottom boat. I think everytime I need to turn, I am going to stop completely, and back in a circle to the left like the original radio control car you got when you were a kid that only had one button on the remote. :D :D

I am glad everyone is OK.

IDRPSTF 05-10-2004 04:40 PM

I can't wait to get my stepped bottom boat. I think everytime I need to turn, I am going to stop completely, and back in a circle to the left like the original radio control car you got when you were a kid that only had one button on the remote.
Be carefull, you could still flip over!!!:D :D :D

MitchStellin 05-10-2004 06:02 PM

With all the rain and the winter just being over there is a ton of crap floating out there. I keep an eagle eye on the water because a dead head may only bob a few inches from the surface, it could be on it's way down just as you approach it and there is no way to avoid something you can't see. It was a good thing the boat was going slow, it could have been a terrible accident. As far as the speculation on these things, that is human nature, I have done it and so has almost everyone else. It is not meant to be degrading although it may appear that way, we all feel for these individuals, it could happen to us at any time.