If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    Boating, four wheeling, electronics
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Two things:

Second, everytime these accidents happen everyone
    starts speculating and supposing and there's one thing
    I can tell you: If you weren't in the accident or weren't
    a firsthand witness, you don't know what you're talking
    about and you're opinion is worthless.

My wife personally proved how strong Nordic 35
    hulls are. Hers went four wheeling and we'd still
    have it if it hadn't hit the huge mesquite tree that
    ruptured the front starboard of the hull.

The bs that flew when my wife had her accident continues to this day and never fails to astonish me.
    If you haven't talked to me or my wife you never know what actually happened. Guarantee it.

We bought another 35 Nordic if that says anything, a boat that has endured 3 seasons, 300 hours, 4 trips to
    Catalina and back as part of the Catalina ski race. Can't
    remember how many poker runs. The weakest links on the boat: they weren't made by Nordic, but rather by a company whose name starts with an M.

Pesky Varmint

My Boats:
    2015 MTI 48

Re: Quit Speculating

Originally posted by 38Fountain
    As the only person who actually saw what happened and as a friend of Mike's please don't offer up your version of what happened, especially if you are in not even in the same state. This is Mike's 3rd Nordic - He is not an inexperienced boater. Since SummerObsession is so sure it's driver error, maybe you would like to come inspect the boat to confirm that - we need an "expert" to look at it. To set the record straight, the boat was not going 85 mph, it wasn't even going 60 mph. Mike was going about 35-40 mph when it happened - this is why they are OK. It did happen in a turn and the boat did not spin out. Mike and his wife are fine.
    Easy there, bud. My comment was made on the "facts" or "speculations" of what happened BEFORE any real truths came out. If the accident would have happened as described, then I don't what you would call someone turning ANY boat, stepped or not, abruptly at the speeds indicated above BUT driver error.

I'm glad everyone is OK, and also glad this was a real unavoidable accident instead of inexperience or ego.

Platinum Member Platinum Member 39 Unlimited's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2015 Cigarette 42X
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Finally someone that actually knows the story spoke. Thanks Half Fast, well put. LP, thanx as well.

jeff bratton
    I love some of the "smart" asses on this board. glad eveyone is ok. well put halffast

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Glad all involved are okay. This is just another unfortunate accident.

Thanks for the inside info, halffast.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Donzigerl's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Donzi 2000
    Thanks half fast!!!!

Platinum Member Platinum Member tomtbone1993's Avatar
    My Boats:

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    I can't wait to get my stepped bottom boat. I think everytime I need to turn, I am going to stop completely, and back in a circle to the left like the original radio control car you got when you were a kid that only had one button on the remote.

I am glad everyone is OK.

My Boats:
    Whatever you missed your payment on
    In your driveway while you sleep
    I can't wait to get my stepped bottom boat. I think everytime I need to turn, I am going to stop completely, and back in a circle to the left like the original radio control car you got when you were a kid that only had one button on the remote.
    Be carefull, you could still flip over!!!

My Boats:
    Zodiac RIB
    Grand Haven, MI USA
    With all the rain and the winter just being over there is a ton of crap floating out there. I keep an eagle eye on the water because a dead head may only bob a few inches from the surface, it could be on it's way down just as you approach it and there is no way to avoid something you can't see. It was a good thing the boat was going slow, it could have been a terrible accident. As far as the speculation on these things, that is human nature, I have done it and so has almost everyone else. It is not meant to be degrading although it may appear that way, we all feel for these individuals, it could happen to us at any time.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast