Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Did Someone Sink a 35-Foot Nordic at Lake Cumberland? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78721-did-someone-sink-35-foot-nordic-lake-cumberland.html)

CigBoat 05-11-2004 07:28 PM

Glad everyone was ok!
I grew up boating on Lake Cumberland and I too have busted an outdrive cracked the gimbel ring running a donzi at one of their awaking of the horses. I had been through the area turned around to go catch him and smack! But it is one of the most beautiful places to be in the spring the redbuds and dog woods in full blum! I will be back up for the poker run this year!

halffast 05-11-2004 08:24 PM

[ I would like to meet you Half Fast and others. I used to have a ProCharged Eliminator Eagle, which I just sold and bought a 27 Daytona with twins. Where do you hang out? I think I might have seen Half Fasts rig in tow, but never on the lake. Eric [/B]
We all hang out at 76 Falls or nearby coves and then at the dam from about 5:00PM til Sunset. Come on down, meeting new people is how you make new friends. We normally have a lot of fun racing and just setting around shooting the breeze. I have been running down there for years and so far all of the folks who come there, racers and spectators alike are all a bunch of friendly folks. You will encounter all kinds....Eliminators:D, Nordics, Power Quests, Profiles, Cigarettes, Bajas and the list goes on an on. It is kinda like opening a Power Boat or Hot Boat magazine and getting a real life picture.

SkiDoc 05-11-2004 09:26 PM

Sign4Boat,
Our docks and ramp are just past White Oak Creek. By land at the end of 235 out of Nancy. Half Fast, I have made the trip to the Dam several times, last year Memorial weekend I got caught there with all the rain and garbage in the water. I try to leave so that I can make the trip back to Connelly before dark because of the drift. What kind of boats do you have, I would like to meet you all(y'all). I have an office in Somerset that I spend friday's at which is pretty convienent for a long weekend. Did the Poker Run and thought it was big fun!
Half fast do you pull with a lowered matching truck?

halffast 05-12-2004 12:25 AM

Not me

Originally posted by KYElimEagle
Half Fast, I have made the trip to the Dam several times, last year Memorial weekend I got caught there with all the rain and garbage in the water. I try to leave so that I can make the trip back to Connelly before dark because of the drift. What kind of boats do you have, I would like to meet you all(y'all). I have an office in Somerset that I spend friday's at which is pretty convienent for a long weekend. Did the Poker Run and thought it was big fun!
Half fast do you pull with a lowered matching truck?

My boat is a 2002 26' Eliminator Eagle (white, yellow, orange and black with purple hardware), powered by a big block sucking air and I pull it with a 1995 Dodge Dually 4x4 (Burgandy) so no, I don't guess you would call that matching and since I jump up into it and fall out of it, lowered wouldn't be a good description either....lol.

Most of the racing is done by 7 or 730 so you will have plenty of time to get back before dark. Pretty much the only thing going on after that is a BS session that I usually don't hang around for either. I'm a fat boy, I have to maintain this figure so I head back and start looking for food.:rolleyes:

SkiDoc 05-12-2004 06:44 AM

Sign, not the location. From Connelly, go to the right towards Burnside, after the lake bends right there is a long straight stretch. Our 4, 24 slip docks are at the end of the straight stretch opposite of a water intake. Gravel lot and concrete ramp, very steep. Man half fast, come to think about it that's why I leave early,,,,to eat. Eric

Budman 05-12-2004 03:40 PM

Last year one of my good friends with a 25' Outlaw hit something going 40-50 near burnside. It completely removed his stern drive save the hyd. lines. His boat almost sank and it cost him a bundle to fix. This is a guy who is very careful and has years of boating experience on the lake. He never saw anything!

Boy, that sounds all to familiar - basically what happened to us several years ago - not at LC, but Taylorsville Lake. Ripped the drive completely off - would have lost it if not for the hyd lines. It was a submerged stump that I hit - never saw it either.

I'm surprised not more was said about running in the dark. I have done it on LC a few times, and even on a clear night with clean water I still get a little tense, worrying about what might be floating around out there unseen. Since my accident I now ALWAYS run at night with the lanyard and vest. I don't generally wear a vest during the day at cruising speeds, but might have to reconsider on rough days or when there is a lot of "flotsam".

Be careful out there folks!

BonnieOutlaw 05-12-2004 03:54 PM

Mike....glad you and your wife are okay. Thanks for taking the time to come on here and clarify some things for people and let everyone know you're fine.