Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Do You Pay For your boat Insurance ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78840-what-do-you-pay-your-boat-insurance.html)

Sean H 03-07-2005 10:15 PM

Re: What Do You Pay For your boat Insurance ?

Originally Posted by dukenrock
2005 382, 1000 deduct, trailer anywhere I want, 250/250, 3100/year!!!

put that word cat on it and see how high it goes.... :(

dukenrock 03-07-2005 10:29 PM

One of the questions they ask is "How fast does it go?" If you tell them it goes 100, they'll either hammer you or not insure you. The boat only goes as fast as you tell it to. My twin 525's go 65-70. :drink: When I have any kind of injury, and I need to make a claim on my health insurance, I always tell them I fell in the street. If you get hurt slamming your hand in your car door, your health insurance carrier will put the fault on your auto insurance! They did that to me one time. That'll be the last!

Originally Posted by Sean H
put that word cat on it and see how high it goes.... :(

Dean Ferry 03-09-2005 05:13 PM

Most good insurance companies have charts/spreadsheets that show what ~speeds a particuliar manufactuer/hull/engine combos TRUELY do go. LYING ABOUT your boats's top speed is immediate grounds for all claims being denied! :eek:
Thats what I've been told many a time! :evilb:
Dean

waterheater 03-09-2005 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Most good insurance companies have charts/spreadsheets that show what ~speeds a particuliar manufactuer/hull/engine combos TRUELY do go. LYING ABOUT your boats's top speed is immediate grounds for all claims being denied! :eek:
Dean

You're right Dean, it can be considered a fraudulent application. Paying what everyone pays for insurance, you want to be sure you get your money if the need ever arises! Saving a few hundred here and there doesnt justify a denial of a potentially costly claim.

CObarry 03-09-2005 05:52 PM

1996 Formula 336 w/502 MPI's, 71 mph top speed (told the agent that)......$562/year w/$1000 deductible.

dukenrock 03-09-2005 07:16 PM

The boat will only go as fast as the driver tells it to. Stick a governer on it! :D

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Dean

45sonic 03-11-2005 12:31 PM

In the $1500-$2000 range for a 1998 47SC Fountain with triple HP500s.

Dregsz 06-07-2005 03:59 AM

No box for me to check.
I pay $93 per year, State Farm, Full coverage, 500 ded.
My boat is an '86 Sleekcraft 20 footer, (tunnel hull) w 200 OB, only does about 75 mph.
(I dream of having a 100 mph Skater though).

Some of you guys are paying more per year for ins. then I paid for my boat and motor.

=P

Tres 06-07-2005 10:25 AM

http://www.tmoffshore.com/tm-all-school.html Enough said. :D

Sean H 06-07-2005 04:53 PM

tres, has anybody contacted you about doing some classes at LOTO? i would think around the shootout would be a great time (during the week before).....