Old 05-11-2004, 02:36 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

From the Cig web site;

The #1 42X - Set to Xcellerate - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 13:36

The #1 42X – Set to Xcellerate!

It’s finally Springtime in Missouri and Kevin Brandes is a happy man. All he needs now is time to enjoy his new Cigarette, a 42X. Make that THE 42X. Brandes just purchased the #1 hull of the new trend-setter 42’ Cigarette that has become the most popular new boat in the Cigarette Racing Team™ line.

As customers increasingly showed an interest in bigger boats with bigger power, Cigarette looked at its line up and decided that 42’ was the ideal size with which to exercise some creativity. The company developed a new hull and deck to accommodate the staggered engines that had become so popular with the Gladiator. The new 42X quietly made its debut as an Xperiment on the 2003 Poker Run circuit and Cigarette’s Neill Hernandez and Skip Braver gave the boat a workout on rough and calm waters, from the fog of Grand Haven to the smooth waters of Lake Cumberland. “We may have introduced it quietly,” said Neill Hernandez, Executive VP, “But by the end of the season, everyone was talking about this boat!”

Brandes, a former Top Gun owner had previously worked with Lip Ship Performance’s Phil Lipschutz, so as he considered beaching his Apache, he called on Philly for advice on what was new for Cigarette. Lipschutz, in typical fashion, added his special Lip Ship Edition touches to the Cigarette 42X, then Brandes took the boat back to his home state of Missouri for painting. It seems an old high school buddy, Mark Morris, had made a niche for himself in the custom painting business there, putting his “Visual Imagination” (the company name) to the test on boats and buses for the stars. The two dreamed up a multi-hued design that resembles vivid sunrises and sunsets. The Cigarette oval appears to be in the eye of a hurricane and paint details literally shimmer. Many coats of paint and clear coat give the boat a 3-D effect and the name, “Xcelerator” is ghosted in bright yellow, tone-on-tone.

Deep blue accents will make the boat look like it is flying on the water—which it will with twin 900 Mercury engines. This boat has been clocked at 105 mph already. “I know it’s been set-up right!” says Brandes.

The new boat will make its home at the Lake of Ozarks on Osage Beach, the site of the annual Shoot Out. Look for Brandes to be there—“They’ll all be wanting to see what she can do!” he says with an audible grin. All he needs is to get some good weather and a little time…
Old 05-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

kevin has already taken delivery of the boat. he parked it one slip over from mine 2 weekends ago at BWJ's. great looking boat......has a little blower surge though!
Old 05-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That I must say is one of the best looking boats I have seen. No doubt that boat is going to turn heads!
Old 05-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow. Incredible looking Cig!
Old 05-11-2004, 03:19 PM
Registered

Anyone know how much that boat weights?
Old 05-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Registered

Congratulations to both the New Owner, Philly, and Cigarette! That boat is a work of art!
Old 05-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! That thing is GORGEOUS!

Quick Reply: Cigs New 42 X

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.