Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Somebody had and interesting trip to the water! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/78937-somebody-had-interesting-trip-water.html)

BonnieOutlaw 05-12-2004 07:23 PM

We've done it....now we're constantly asking each other. You feel rather fuelish standing at the dock with water coming out of the vents like a jet ski....

We have to come up with a new mistake now.

You're not alone...glad it went okay.

cuda 05-12-2004 07:28 PM

I'm just glad it was my outboard fishboat. It wasn't nearly as funny when I did it with an I/O.:rolleyes:

ragtop409 05-12-2004 10:29 PM

So did you sink her so low tht you smacked the prop on the ground? How did Julie no about this?

Rag's

CAP071 05-12-2004 10:32 PM

Originally posted by cuda
This is the second time I nearly sank a boat at the same spot. Both times due to DEBBIE forgetting the drain plug!:)
SECOND TIME :eureka:

cuda 05-12-2004 10:54 PM

Originally posted by ragtop409
So did you sink her so low tht you smacked the prop on the ground? How did Julie no about this?

Rag's

No encounter with the bottom. Debbie sold me out when she was returning a test prop to Julie.

Ange 05-13-2004 07:54 AM

Sold YOU out? Oooohhh, that sounds like it was CUDAMAN that forgot the drain plug....

ChrisK 05-13-2004 08:42 AM

I have done it once.. only once so far in a whole buncha years... and it was with the PQ in sarasota 2 years ago... DOH

Ms PatriYacht 05-13-2004 10:28 AM

Boy can I relate, last year we back down the ramp & are half in when Mr P realizes he forgot to put the plug in, so he franticly rummages through the tool box where he swore it was. Finally insists it is not there, he pulls the boat out and parks it. Not wanting to unhook the truck he goes running into town (Petosky MI) over an hour and a half later dripping in sweat he returns with a new plug. We get back in the truck and I take a peek in the toolbox, and I immediately spot the original plug :D :D Of course I would have been happy to look in the first place, but that would have meant I did not believe him when he said it was not there.
Of course I should not talk, a few years ago after over an hour drive to the ramp we discovered I left the boat keys home. Boating sure is stressful on a marriage:o

aero-offshore 05-15-2004 11:52 AM

Never take out the plug unless I'm cleaning the bilge, got out on the water and could of swarn this damn thing was a lot faster and alot higher when I got the sick feeling, oh sh%^, good thing the faster you go, the slower the water comes in, screw that no wake zone!, back to the ramp. Oh and the plug was on the driveway where the boat sat!, back home. :hothead:

JC 05-15-2004 03:22 PM

I always put them back in before leaving the ramp.