Full Time Mufflers vs Silent Choice >

Full Time Mufflers vs Silent Choice

Notices

Full Time Mufflers vs Silent Choice

Old 05-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Cig 1 I can't believe you would consider mufflers...We would have to hear what you say then..
What

Got your PM earlier...thanks
Old 05-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got captains call and full time mufflers.

I would go with switchable mufflers if I had the choice again. I may rip out the captains call next winter. It's impossible to reach anything near the back of the motors. Too much clutter for something I don't use.
Trying to reach hoses and the oil cooler is impossible.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

HPI

no hp loss

give dan a call
Old 05-13-2004, 05:23 AM
Registered

Originally posted by 26sonic
in n.y. silent choice is not legal !!! i have corsa mufler tips on my boat , still sounds nice and under the legal db limits something to check into .
What???? I've never heard that.....
Old 05-13-2004, 06:54 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Actually it's a misinterpatation of the no cut outs law by the police. Silent choice is not the same thing as cut outs.

My mufflers got lost somewhere along the way....
Old 05-13-2004, 07:32 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

We have these CMI actuated muffler tips. It takes out a little of the snapping on idle but it's marginal at best.
The boat came with it. I don't know if I'd expend the flash for a new system if it was not installed. Those systems are somewhat expensive I think.
We're not hassled about noise yet around here.
Attached Thumbnails Full Time Mufflers vs Silent Choice-mufflers.jpg  
Old 05-13-2004, 07:43 AM
Registered

Thanks Go4broke....it seems to me if that were true I would have heard it before.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:24 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Blade38, back to your original question.

I think I would rather have Silent Choice or Captains Call than mufflers.

Reason being: I normally used my CC around the docks. I once fired my motor, and scared a woman so bad in the parking lot, she tipped her stroller over backwards with her toddler in it. I felt terrible. Never fails too, that when I fire the motor, there is some kid on the dock that gets the crap scared out of him, and I only had 1 stock 500EFI. Also, when pulling into the docks, I usually like to chill, and turn up the music.

Point... have it loud, wide open, no mufflers, when you want it loud. 5, 8. 10, 15 db quieter is NOT going to be overly noticeable when running WOT; it just may get you under the legal limit if you have issue with that in your area. Then have it quiet when you want to, like when you want to chat with someone real quick out on the water, just flip on the SC/CC, instead of killing the motors. If you are trying to idle through a harbour like I do at night, and not draw too much attention to yourself, SC/CC is the way to go.

With a choice to make right now, I would go with Silent Choice or Corsa Captains Call, especially with stock power. Its nice to have it there, and your buyer someday might think so too. Its better to have it in there NOW, and remove it someday if you so desire, than to NOT have it, and have it installed later.

Its your boat. You make the decisions. Of course they like mufflers; its easier to install.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:35 AM
Banned

Thanks All. I like the CHOICE part. My Fountain had them and I used the around the docks. I have a quote of $1,350 with about 10 to 15 hours of install time.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:41 AM
Registered

Originally posted by dyno
I'm pulling my silent choice right now and going to switchable mufflerslike the Teagues or Gaffrigs.
I got my Teagues about 8 years ago when they first came out. Then when I bought my engines from Bob he said not to run over 3000 rpm with the mufflers switched on. Has he come out with a new pair that you can run full out with them closed?

BTW, they do a really good job at knocking the noise down.

Quick Reply: Full Time Mufflers vs Silent Choice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.