Any Info on Early Carrera 24's >

Any Info on Early Carrera 24's

Notices

Any Info on Early Carrera 24's

Old 08-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Any Info on Early Carrera 24's

I just bought an '82 24' Carrera and I am looking for any info as far as a good engine combination. It is a single engine set-up. It currently has a new Bravo1 Drive, Marine Machine Dual Ram Ext Steering, and Large K-Planes. The previous owner removed the engine. Not sure what he was running. I was able to get a 7.4 Blower motor out of the deal, but not sure the internal condition other than it still turns manually, and I am planning to take it apart and start from scratch. The orig owner said that he " tried to reverse the rotation of the engine" and he did so by using a reverse rotation crank. Does this make sense? I believe the blower is a LittleField 6-71.
Any pointers as to what spec would make a good power to weight ratio would help. I am hoping to be in the 75-78mph range, does anyone have an idea of a good set-up using my 7.4 as a starting point? I would like to stay with a carb set-up. I have been told that I would need at least 400-450 to get it into the high 60's.

Thanks E.S.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Registered

Default Re: Any Info on Early Carrera 24's

Minx20, First, welcome to the board. Second.... Last year I raced a 82 24ft carrera. The boat was built like a tank....good luck trying to break it. We ran approx 450hp with a stock bravo 1 and were hitting speeds in the 73 mph range. Another carrera raced last year with approx 650-700 hp and was hitting speeds in the mid 80's...bravo 1 also. The boat can easily handle the H.P. you are looking to throw at it. Good luck with your project. Email me with any questions. You can also talk to Picone in Miami, Fl. He was the builder of the boat and is now building sport fishing boats under the carrera name. Later, Q
Old 08-03-2004, 11:14 PM
Registered

Revolution Marine
Attached Thumbnails Any Info on Early Carrera 24's-nyair-shot.jpg  
Old 08-04-2004, 07:10 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: Any Info on Early Carrera 24's

Thanks Q,

I have seen the boat in your pic on the RM website. Steve Miklos spoke to me one time about his Corsa and I saw your boat on the site. I had been interested in his Velocity. He was very helpful, as he thought the Velocity would be a bit small to run on the outside here in Miami\FT. Lauderdale.
I am playing with the idea of setting up the boat for P-class. The previous owner modified the cockpit config and moved the windscreen back about a foot, cut down the dash a eliminated the rear seat area leaving stand-up bolsters behind the front drop out's. It will be a big project, but I feel that it is a great starting point.

Regards,

E.S.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:25 AM
Gold Member

Shoot some pics I`m sure I know the boat, welcome to OSO.

Albert
Old 08-07-2004, 12:12 AM
Registered

Here is some pics. I plan to remove everything and change the color on the stern and bottom of the hull. The exhust exits above the stern rubrail.
Attached Thumbnails Any Info on Early Carrera 24's-side2-s.jpg   Any Info on Early Carrera 24's-stern2-s.jpg