Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Rotten Concept. Is this common? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79123-rotten-concept-common.html)

Concept 05-17-2004 01:05 PM

Re: Rotten Concept. Is this common?

Wannabe...in the 20 years we have built boats, we have replaced 4 gas tanks, all because of cracks and even though OUT OF WARRANTY, Concept repaired without cost to the retail customer, your friend must have been one of them unless some work was done elsewhere we don't know about. I'm with you, if you can afford newer technology, why buy old; however, some of us can not afford to...that boat skamer was looking at was 39K and someone may get 15 years of fun boating with it or a soft spot on the floor in a year, not a chance he is willing to take.

GLH 05-17-2004 01:11 PM

They only thing rotting on Concepts from what I heard is your stomach when you go on WickedTwo after a few stops.

Rocco 05-17-2004 03:04 PM

I wonder if Reggie would have answered a prospective customer about a specific boats history ????(via a forum like OSO) :argue:
or return calls from a angry customer that has warrenty issues ???

aero-offshore 05-17-2004 03:53 PM

WOW! Real people and no double talk, I likey

PhantomChaos 05-17-2004 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by aero-offshore
WOW! Real people and no double talk, I likey

Yeah! Customer service.....what a "concept"!!!
:D :D :D :D

WickedWon 05-17-2004 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
They only thing rotting on Concepts from what I heard is your stomach when you go on WickedTwo after a few stops.

Man I miss it already, GL you gotta jump on my rig (if mines not rotten yet :D ) next year, I've got the fine food & beverage tour of the upper keys down to a science, yes ...the good life :drink:

As far as Concept goes they take everything personally and treat ya like family. These people ( hell I think they're all related including the people on the factory floor) are VERY, VERY proud of their products and their reputation. Luis Avila ( the owner) doesn't seem to understand the boat biz, there's no flash, no bull, no exaggerations and he does EXACTLY what he says he's going to do and DELIVERS it when he says he will........he just doesn't get it :D Sorry to hear about that wet deck, it's always been a problem it just seems more prevelant now because of the moisture meters that detect it long before you feel or see it, I'm not making excuses for Concept cause that kind of a problem SUCKS, I can only tell ya what I saw at the factory in my five or six visits, they were some of the most conscientious people i've ever seen building anything.

Concept 05-17-2004 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=WickedWon]Man I miss it already, GL you gotta jump on my rig (if mines not rotten yet :D )

ha ha ha ha...you need to start exploring the Bahamas next year! You got the boat to island hop!!

DaveP 05-17-2004 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just took my 36 for a cruise yesterday here in NJ

Concept 05-17-2004 06:12 PM

Hey Dave...so happy you were able to keep one for your own!! I saved that pix earlier cause it's one I didn't get before it left. Have poker run for Concepts from Key Largo to Key West on July 17th...were you thinkin of a few days in Florida this summer?

SKRAMER 05-17-2004 07:03 PM

Hi Susan, the question I asked was for me father. I can only afford old technology, and although I can't quote the surveryor word for word I think you should hear what he had to say about your boats. I will pm you his number. As I said before I always thought your boats where good boats. Have a great day.