Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's going to Smith Mountain Lake (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79223-whos-going-smith-mountain-lake.html)

clearcut3 05-17-2004 08:04 AM

Who's going to Smith Mountain Lake

OK someone has to start this thread. Who all is going to SML this coming weekend for the poker run and where are you staying? I will be coming up on Friday with a group of 5 staying at Bernards landing.

Looks like the weather could be much better than last year temperature wise (projected high of 84) but thunderstorms are in the forecast.

Hoping for good weather this year :). Hope everyone has safe travels...see ya there.

Sydwayz 05-17-2004 08:15 AM

Re: Who's going to Smith Mountain Lake

I wish you all the best at SML this year. I will be in LOTO picking up a new ride. :D :D

clearcut3 05-17-2004 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I wish you all the best at SML this year. I will be in LOTO picking up a new ride. :D :D

Congrats!!! I would rather be on a trip to pick up a new ride :) Maybe next year :cool:

mlitefan 05-17-2004 09:12 AM

Count me in...Heading up early Friday morning and staying at Bernards Landing. Good friend of mine will be leaving Thursday with his Nordic Heat and is staying at Bernards as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

rbtnt 05-17-2004 08:09 PM

Won't be there this year. Second motor won't be ready until Saturday. :(

I wouldn't know how to run there unless it was 45 degrees and raining anyway. See ya next year.

runnin gun 05-17-2004 08:22 PM

I will be there with a freind due to the wife to be cant get off of work. We will be staying a campers paradise and leave early friday morning. Miltefan Lenny is bringing the nordic heat cool. James is going depending on the weather.

terry

mlitefan 05-20-2004 05:56 AM

OK...The weather for this event looks fantastic! Wish I was leaving now!!!

Detailed Local Forcast for Moneta, VA

Today: A mix of clouds and sun with a slight chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. High 83F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tonight: Isolated thunderstorms ending early, becoming mostly clear after midnight. Low around 65F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.
Tomorrow: Some clouds and possibly an isolated thunderstorm in the afternoon. Warm. High 86F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Tomorrow night: Scattered thunderstorms in the evening, with mostly clear skies overnight. Low 66F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
Saturday: Isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 60s.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the upper 60s.

Dock Holiday 05-20-2004 06:24 AM

We were too late getting our entry in to offically be in the poker run, but some friends in the run have talked us into bringing the boat up and enjoying the event and seeing the lake.

Will be on the water Saturday morning.

Please say hello!

Dock Holiday

clearcut3 05-20-2004 08:28 AM

They may not know what to do with all that pretty weather....that will be nice after the misery last year

Reckless32 05-20-2004 10:08 AM

I'm not going due to no trailer right now. But the HRPA has six boats heading that way (see below)....Looks like the weather is gonna make for the best run in a couple of years. Everybody have a great trip and take lots of pics to share with us no-shows...

29 Scarab Sonny
28 Donzi David
38 Cigarette Emmett
35 Cigarette Alan
29 Baja Steve
31 Formula Drew