Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Do you use Dial Up or High Speed ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79230-do-you-use-dial-up-high-speed.html)

Macklin 05-18-2004 07:07 AM

Re: Do you use Dial Up or High Speed ?

DSL baby! Love it. Fast and I can still use the phone while surfing OSO!!

Broadband connection at work. Hyperspeed! Just hope our boardgods never set the surf control to block OSO. :blaster:

ofshore 05-18-2004 07:21 AM

I have cable at work and i'm trying to get it at home if comcast would ever call me back and let me know if it's available :hothead:

HiPerf2000 05-18-2004 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by bajabob38
Capo needs to get out of the house and stop complaining
CAP071, merkruzer, njgr8ful

Hey Mark. Your boy voted for himself

I hear that is the first step..........Admitting your problem. Now maybe he'll find some friends and actually leave his house/computer. :crazy:

jafo 05-18-2004 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by boatfreak28
I am still living in the stone age... out here in the sticks.

Not the stone age, just a choice for living a life that's far too short to begin with.
I live out in the country as well. I am not and will never be a city-dweller, which is where all the high speed is available. There is not and will never be any high speed or cable out here, and I refuse to give ridiculous amounts of money for monthly service to DirecWay for an internet dish. The computer and the internet isn't all that important to me (that includes cell phones, faxes, PDA's and all the other intrusive BS). Old-fashioned? Yes, but enjoying life.

robyw1 05-18-2004 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ange
It's all about the RoadRunner! Will do without before going back to dial up.

What she said ^^ :D

Roby

ofshore 05-18-2004 09:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=jafo]Not the stone age, just a choice for living a life that's far too short to begin with.
I live out in the country as well. I am not and will never be a city-dweller, which is where all the high speed is available.QUOTE]

There's only two things that i wish i had: city water-right now i haul it in and that is a huge pita and cable-that may be there they just haven't gotten back to me yet. I can do without both but they would be nice. The one thing that i dont want to change is how close my neighbors are :D

Iggy 05-18-2004 11:10 AM

Adelphia PowerLink and Adelphia Cable entertainment at home.
Office computer is DSL.

bojoe2 05-18-2004 01:32 PM

im still waiting must be dial up

CAP071 05-18-2004 01:37 PM

I'm at work bored. I got all your names and numbers now