Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BEST CAT from 30 to 35 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79231-best-cat-30-35-a.html)

T2x 05-18-2004 08:47 AM

Re: BEST CAT from 30 to 35

Originally Posted by GLH
And you?
Mind you you probably get the "walking with a cane Discount"

About $400.00 less...of course I can barely read it at my age.....

:p

Miami 05-18-2004 09:18 AM

Warlock makes or made a 31' cat with stand-up bolsters and a HUGE cabin. It has a raised deck and the cabin is extremely commodious. They do not have an innerliner and look a little cheasy on the inside. I have not seen one with outboards and am not sure of their speed.

Tantrum 05-18-2004 11:29 AM

"commodious"
SAT word for sure :drink:

Miami 05-18-2004 12:04 PM

:rolleyes: I have no idea where I came up with that...usually I would say ' the cabin is f%^&*ng huge :D :D my college curriculum was the horse track, bars and the girls dorm...and not necessarily in that order!

GLH 05-18-2004 12:20 PM

Main Entry: com·mo·di·ous
Pronunciation: k&-'mO-dE-&s
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, useful, from Middle French commodieux, from Medieval Latin commodiosus, irregular from Latin commodum convenience, from neuter of commodus
1 : comfortably or conveniently spacious : ROOMY <a commodious closet>
2 archaic : HANDY, SERVICEABLE
synonym see SPACIOUS
- com·mo·di·ous·ly adverb
- com·mo·di·ous·ness noun

As oppose to;

Main Entry: com·mode
Pronunciation: k&-'mOd
Function: noun
Etymology: French, from commode, adjective, suitable, convenient, from Latin commodus, from com- + modus measure -- more at METE
1 : a boxlike structure holding a chamber pot under an open seat; also : CHAMBER POT d : TOILET 3b

I love bathroom humor. :D

T2x 05-18-2004 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Miami
Warlock makes or made a 31' cat with stand-up bolsters and a HUGE cabin. It has a raised deck and the cabin is extremely commodious. They do not have an innerliner and look a little cheasy on the inside. I have not seen one with outboards and am not sure of their speed.

The Warlock Cat that Richard Granville raced may have been the single ugliest boat ever produced.

It was commodiously unpleasant to the eyes.
T2x

GLH 05-18-2004 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
It was commodiously unpleasant to the eyes.
T2x

Wouldn't that be "It was incommodiously pleasant to the eyes". Man the education system in Jersey back in the 1920's was pretty lame to produce such a plethora of grammatical inconsistencies.

Main Entry: in·com·mo·di·ous
Pronunciation: "in-k&-'mO-dE-&s
Function: adjective
: not commodious : INCONVENIENT
- in·com·mo·di·ous·ly adverb
- in·com·mo·di·ous·ness noun

velocity280 05-18-2004 02:25 PM

If you are looking for new, definately take a look at the HTM 30 footer. Very fast, high freeboard(rough water) and spacious cabin. They have their own motor program and this boat will be much cheaper than the Skater or Spectre. I was out to Havasu April 16th from New York state and saw a new one on the trailer...it was absolutley beautiful!

Caincando1 05-18-2004 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by dgduck13
Hey Guys-

Thanks for all the input. The reason I need a cabin is that most of my boating is done on the St. Croix/Mississppi rivers and we spend the night out on the water. I have a 1991 311 sr1 formula right now and love the boat but always looking to go faster. so I am looking for some thing that will work for all. I can have fun with it, sleep over in and will run 90 plus. I know most cats don't have a cabin, what about American Offshore. The 3100 has a cabin, what do you guys think about this boat? Does it handle well, top speeds?, what is the cabin like? any information would be great.
Thanks Alot
Don

It would be cool to have a cat of that size on the river. We boat out of Great River Harbor near Alma, Wi(pool 5). Do you ever venture down that far? If so look us up.

Tantrum 05-19-2004 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by velocity280
If you are looking for new, definately take a look at the HTM 30 footer.....and this boat will be much cheaper than the Skater or Spectre.

and less expensive too :crazy: