Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79328-extreme-boats-mag-big-joke.html)

kitten 05-19-2004 02:28 PM

Re: Extreme JOKE!!!

Originally Posted by PokerRunGunT/S

I will wait patiently. :drink:

:p too funnny!!

Ron P 05-19-2004 02:57 PM

Re: Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

My request to attend Sarasota is into the editor. As long as he says go, BatGirl will have her day in the sun. Let's here is from all you BatGirl fans that would like to see her in action.

And, what kind of action...........?

T2x 05-19-2004 03:05 PM

The sorry state of Offshore racing

Her:..... "Hi! I'm interested in powerboat racing..... and I'm also a model. I understand you're thinking of sponsoring a boat"

Him:.... "Yeah..... I got drunk at the LOTO shootout last year and decided to take up the sport. ......You look like you have real racing talent...take off your shirt."

Her:...(does as asked)..."Hey buddy don't ya think these would make your boat accelerate?"

Him:.... "Maybe but they look too real to me...might make my gold chains look artificial...let's get ya a set of fake ones."

Her:........ "Fake boobs!!!!! What kind of a girl do you think I am????"

Him: "If we play our cards right ......I'd say you're the kind of girl that performance boating magazines do articles about."

Her:....... "I like the sound of that..... When do I learn to drive a race boat?"

Him....... "Later....right now Let's have a few drinks and relax....I think I have the remote control somewhere around here for my video camera"

Her...... (laying back on a couch)...... " (Sigh)....Momma told me the road out of the trailer park to the Superboat World Championship would be a rough one."

T2x.................... swearing he fell through the looking glass :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hauling Trash 05-19-2004 03:19 PM

Batgirl , Your 100% right That magazine is the Biggest One Way street mag on the water.

T2x, Good one

mike

BK 05-19-2004 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by cigarette1
Like I said once before ..... women make up about .001% of the sport

I disagree.

When we were selling high perf boats, I would say that closer to 35% of the decision-makers were female. Yes, the husband may have narrowed down the boats he wanted to buy, but the ultimate decision often rested on the female half.

When I would greet a potential boat-buying couple in the lobby, and knew the wife was hesitant about a boat purchase, I would hand her a box of colored pencils and boat graphic outlines, and ask her to sit down and discuss what color "HER" boat was going to be. I also would ask her to look through the catalog and choose the color of the "JEWELRY" (Eddie Marine anodized bezels, shifters and cleats). Once I got the girls eagerly involved in the process of custom boat ordering, they rarely changed their minds.

I learned (by being ignored by men in the boating world TOO many times) that if the wife is ignored in the showroom, the chances were high that the deal would fall through.

I've cancelled the deal myself a few times. :drool::blaster:

Phantom1 05-19-2004 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by T2x
The sorry state of Offshore racing

Her:..... "Hi! I'm interested in powerboat racing..... and I'm also a model. I understand you're thinking of sponsoring a boat"

Him:.... "Yeah..... I got drunk at the LOTO shootout last year and decided to take up the sport. ......You look like you have real racing talent...take off your shirt."

Her:...(does as asked)..."Hey buddy don't ya think these would make your boat accelerate?"

Him:.... "Maybe but they look too real to me...might make my gold chains look artificial...let's get ya a set of fake ones."

Her:........ "Fake boobs!!!!! What kind of a girl do you think I am????"

Him: "If we play our cards right ......I'd say you're the kind of girl that performance boating magazines do articles about."

Her:....... "I like the sound of that..... When do I learn to drive a race boat?"

Him....... "Later....right now Let's have a few drinks and relax....I think I have the remote control somewhere around here for my video camera"

Her...... (laying back on a couch)...... " (Sigh)....Momma told me the road out of the trailer park to the Superboat World Championship would be a rough one."

T2x.................... swearing he fell through the looking glass :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Priceless........ :D :D :D :crazy:

Disclaimer - By laughing at the above post, I am in no way implying that I agree or disagree with the underlying insinuation.

T2x 05-19-2004 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Disclaimer - By laughing at the above post, I am in no way implying that I agree or disagree with the underlying insinuation.

Coward :p

BAJA WILL 05-19-2004 04:14 PM

WOW,

Some of you girls are mad that a boating mag put a hot girl on a bad AZZ boat????? Get over it, so every time they do a article on any individual who doesn't "Race" its a joke. Now that is a joke. EBM is the best boating mag out there, and no I don't work for them. Would it have made you feel better if it was her boy driving??

WILL

IDRPSTF 05-19-2004 04:28 PM

Blah Blah Blah!
I don't know of too many girls that have purchased there own bad a$$ boat, with there own money. Hmmmm. Where is Blond Cig Chick when you need her. This girl bought her own boat, with her own hard earned dockets, trailered it, launched it, drove the living hell out of it, washed it, flushed it, and put it to bed at night...All on her own. I don't see too many other Racer Chasers stepping up to do that?
Maybe your hot and you get a guy with money and a boat to play on, maybe he even lets you drive once in a while, maybe you snuggle up to a race team and they let you play with an old retired race boat. Does that really put you in a position to ***** about who a magazine does an article on?
Cudos to Extreme Boats for doing an article on some gold digger. And God Bless her bolt ons for being in the article. She has embraced her hotness. Used her talents to end up with a bigger boat that the rest of us, survival of the fittest applies to money and looks, and this happy girl is sitting at the top of the food chain...Good for her!
Now boating magazine have two reasons for being in the bathroom!

kitten 05-19-2004 04:34 PM

" if it was her boy driving?? "

Yes! What's his story?
How did he become a Nor-Tech dealer?
If this is his first Extreme Boat, what has he owned?
How did he come up with the design/ graphics? How awsome are the 1200 horse
engines? Beautiful boat! :D