Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79328-extreme-boats-mag-big-joke.html)

BK 05-19-2004 04:39 PM

Re: Extreme Boats Mag.. BIG JOKE!!!

Hey, I don't have any qualms about the girl in the magazine. I actually got a kick out of how much power women have over men without having to do hardly anything :p

I did love her boat though - that's one of the most AWESOME paint jobs I've ever seen - Perhaps the BEST I've ever seen. I liked the article.

Oh yeah ... I did buy both of my race boats by myself. Took a loan off my parents home equity. I didn't even have a BF at the time either, and would forego long fingernails due to checking plugs and changing my own propellers. I also drove across country to some races by myself in my own truck, and often had to form a pit crew once I got there (which usually wasn't too hard). :)

Most of the fun of boat racing was being able to say, "I did it!"

IDRPSTF 05-19-2004 04:51 PM

Oh yeah ... I did buy both of my race boats by myself. Took a loan off my parents home equity. I didn't even have a BF at the time either, and would forego long fingernails due to checking plugs and changing my own propellers. I also drove across country to some races by myself in my own truck, and often had to form a pit crew once I got there (which usually wasn't too hard).
You Rule!!! Seriously, that is something to brag about!

BK 05-19-2004 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
You Rule!!! Seriously, that is something to brag about!

Well....I have to confess. It wasn't an offshore boat. My boats were raced in the OPC tunnel classes, and none were more than 12 feet long. So it wasn't like I spent hundreds of thousands. But I did do all that other stuff, and did it on my own.

But when I bought a new boat half a nation away, and got to know the company owner at the races later that season, he was impressed too...and asked me to marry him. :)

http://members.aol.com/wettomcat/BoatRacing3/ONod.gif

IDRPSTF 05-19-2004 05:21 PM

Doesn't matter how big they are, or how much they cost. I have seen some large boats that cost more than a few houses put together, and the owners could not drive them at all. Sounds like you paid your own way, and that is huge!

Downtown42 05-19-2004 05:29 PM

nice pic BK...

Bat Woman, where is your pic?

Downtown42 05-19-2004 05:34 PM

All kidding aside, I hope your wrist is getting better.

Reed Jensen 05-19-2004 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by BatGirl
Wasabe, Heres another thread gone to TITS! LMAO!

REED, What is small OEM boobs??

BG XO

What are small OEM Boobs?... tee hee... well... you know what small is.... OEM is car manufacturer and part manufacturer jargon.... it stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer..... So... if a part is not available from say.... Manny,, Moe and Julio,, then you have to go to the manufacturer of the automobile and buy an OEM part... more money... BUT "ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT"!..... NOT REPLACEMENT PARTS!....... :blaster: :D

open87 05-19-2004 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Priceless........ :D :D :D :crazy:

Disclaimer - By laughing at the above post, I am in no way implying that I agree or disagree with the underlying insinuation.

ditto :D

eyezlee 05-19-2004 08:30 PM

REED, What is small OEM boobs??

BG XO
Figggered a hardcore offshore racer, boat rigger, pit crew member would know what OEM stands for. :rolleyes:

PhantomChaos 05-19-2004 08:36 PM

A lot of aftermarket products are better than the OEM version. That's a FACT!!!! :D