Nick Slick

a few more that were on alot

Nick was some of the best with his monday morning reports
Old 05-20-2004, 11:28 AM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

I believe many members are still here but not as active.Some have changed their names and its hard to remember them all.There is a lot of good information on this site for the most part.Sure there is a lot of BS but it can be entertaining at times.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Registered

Your going to get BS on any site you go to. I cant say that I have found any site where somebody or something wasnt complaining or being complained about. But this site is still one of the best if not the best that I have found for good information about offshore boats. As far as memberships, I think many old timers may still be lurking. But, its natural for the composition of the board to change over time. New members, new trends and so forth.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey,

Joey and John, CONGRATS on your win in Marathon! I am really happy and proud of you guys!

Julie
Old 05-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Registered

THANKS!!! nice to see you there! as usual, many obstacles to overcome to get there!...the new team members of JBS thought i was joking when i said there will be many nights with ZERO sleep! they don't laugh about it anymore
Old 05-20-2004, 01:20 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

its summer too.

alot of peoel are get this, out boating!!!!!!!!!!

i'll admit though. I don; check the board as much as I used to. and i think i only do liek 4-5 posts per week these days.
Old 05-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRunGunT/S
This is definitely a valid point. There are so many threads that are not boat related in General Discussion, that it isn't appealing. The problem is when we try to clean it up and have only boating related issues, people throw a fit.
I've commented on this topic MANY times in the past few months. We have an Off Topic section for a reason.....let's use it for that. It's not a Current Affairs section like some still think it is. There hasn't been any arguing in there since Troutly took it over that I can remember.

It's simple to me, if the subject is not boating related just put it in OT. No bid deal.

Some threads get moved there to try and hint to the starter where it should go. Seems to me that some still aren't taking a hint.

I'm done griping. By the way, I still like my OSO and the people in it just the way it is.

Buck

Buck
Old 05-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by puder
its summer too.

alot of peoel are get this, out boating!!!!!!!!!!

i'll admit though. I don; check the board as much as I used to. and i think i only do liek 4-5 posts per week these days.
4-5 posts per week, and he still can't take the time to spell correctly????

JUS JKOIN PDUER
Old 05-20-2004, 01:47 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
By the way, I still like my OSO and the people in it just the way it is.
We like you too, specially when you get all dolled up for us.
Attached Thumbnails Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?-buck.jpg  
Old 05-20-2004, 02:40 PM
Registered

I'm new. So I have no idea what I missed when all the old timers were still here.

I can tell you that I have gotten some great advice in the Tech section, and have tried to give some when I have already overcome a problem somebody else is having.
I am also kind of surprised at some of the threads in general boating. Maybe it should be called "boating." Maybe the "general" is throwing people off.

Now, I don't want to make anybody mad, but....
I'm not a racer. I stay the hell out of the racer's milling area. My boat is so slow compared to some of you guys/gals that I would have to start on a poker run the weekend before you just to arrive the same day.
I will never be a racer. I still however, enjoy following the sport as the drivers and especially crews continue to push the envelope.

It has been said that some of the posts on this site have or will discredit the OSO membership in the racing community.
Maybe I don't understand about the racing community, but what the hell does a website have to do with someone's reputation as a racer?
Isn't this kind of respect earned on the water and in the shop?

If somebody posts a lame thread, isn't that a bad reflection on them?

I can't imagine how the respect that one person has earned on the course over a long time can be so easily eroded by a lame post by someone else.

Let me put it this way, if my next door neighbor paints his house pink, it will annoy me. However, it will not signify to the world that I had anything to do with it.
Nor does it mean that everybody on our street likes pink.

The knobs will naturally fall away, and the people who know what they are talking about will continue to educate, impress, amaze, and entertain us.
I think that's why the Tech section rules so much. It's the home of the true boating spirit on this board. And it's where you will find a lot of "old-timers."

I'm sure glad.... because they have helped me out tons.

Quick Reply: Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.