Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Are OSO Old Timers Leaving? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79500-oso-old-timers-leaving.html)

timucin 05-20-2004 05:36 PM

Re: Are OSO Old Timers Leaving?

hi everybody, long time no post

can i consider myself old?

Waterfoul 05-20-2004 05:46 PM

Mr. Gadgets is still around.... he's probably busier than the average OSO'er. Real job, drive re-building job on the side. He pokes in here occasionally.

Now that DJD sold his cigarette to Crazyhorse, he only has the Post and we all know that's not an OffshoreOnlyboat, right??

Just kidding Dave. :D

buck183 05-20-2004 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
We like you too, specially when you get all dolled up for us.

Hey, that reminds me, I need to get that thing put on the boat for our trip to LOTO on Memorial Day. Thanks GLH! ;)

Buck

stecz20 05-20-2004 07:16 PM

im a johnny come lately myself, only been around for a year or so. i have to say, i enjoy the board, and the people that are around most of the time. where else can you come for some serious boat talk, break some balls, and actually get the meet the people you chat with and get to know. regardless of the issues, its a good time with good people. if you dont like it dont read it. right or wrong......Mr. Wonderful oh yeah, cuda is really old and he is still around, with his 12 boats and his 3 dogs........

ActiveThunderTodd 05-20-2004 07:24 PM

As one of the very original members....even before registration came into being, I have to say that I dont find as much interesting anymore....same people seem to post alot with not much to say...so i come by everyday and read the posts .....I dont post much but am always here..:D

Where's "newspeed" when you need him....a few of you get that reference...lol

Just so everyone knows...if you see a Join Date of Oct 2000 (like mine), then that person is one of the original members of this board when it went to registering.

Phantom1 05-20-2004 08:16 PM

OSO has grown at an rapid pace, and I applaud the owners for keeping up with it.

Unfortunately, the number of "members" is secondary to the number of active and happy participants. A small percentage of members are willing to state their opinion, and a high percentage of the members pay to read the opinions and input of others. I know, because I was a "lurker" for awhile.

Unfortunately, those that have strong opinions, politically correct or otherwise, have found themselves less and less welcome here. If the active and passionate posters go away..........what is there for the paying lurkers to read?

Food for thought-

Magicfloat 05-20-2004 08:16 PM

Without checking in everyday I would get way behind in what's going on in the industry that I love and make my living in. It's just harder to find the time to post when you are a boat dealer during boating season. I always post more during the winter. :)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-20-2004 08:28 PM

I guess I would fall into the old group...

I have been through a few OSO upgrades and changes, and I am still here... ;)

Everyone brings happiness to the OSO board. Some when they come....and others when they leave..... ;) :D :D :drink:

MitchStellin 05-20-2004 08:56 PM

Well, those that leave due to "issues" can stay away. I have been on this Board for almost 4 years, not once have I been in a heated discussion over anything. Those that get pi$$ed off and leave are for the most part trouble makers and we don't need them. I can see no reason what so ever to be unkind, bash or belittle anyone, no matter what they drive, do ,say or are. There is no place for this attitude here and that is just plain it. I am on every day, I have been very busy at work and have just enough time to take a peek and maybe Post. I have more time at night but the boat is keeping me very busy. It was nice to live vicariously thru you guys when I did not have a boat but now that I do I am getting my fix right in the Garage. Quite simply those that are here and the new ones that join are a great group of people. I can't see why I or anyone would want to make "waves" with anyone here, it is just not right. I am here for the long run and although I hate to see people go there is always someone to take his/her place. :) :cool:

Allan4 05-20-2004 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=32fever]Shorgasm, Allan4 and I all ran away to Kalamazoo, MI and are now Elvis groupies :D:D:D

QUOTE]

Hehehe...shhhh..that's supposed to be our little secret (wink) (no smilie wink anymore). BTW, you look like a knobber in your Elvis suit.... :D

I am still around, but pretty busy with work stuff and building our website. Still really enjoy being a part of OSO...lots of great memories and people, etc..glad I have been around to watch it grow... :)