Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cig 28SS Engine Options (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79503-cig-28ss-engine-options.html)

Wally 05-20-2004 01:21 PM

Re: Cig 28SS Engine Options

i think the reason alot more of them dont have the BBC's in them is cause its so damn tight in there! try working on a SBC 28 and then imagine doing it on a BBC!!! no thanks!!! I honestly dont know how the BBC 28 rides.....try calling Livorsi and ask to speak to Ron...he has or had ( i know it was for sale) a 28ss w/BBC's (500EFI's w/prochargers!!) and standoff box's hanging the TRS drives i think....anyway heres apic of the engine compartment.....looks like you could throw a bucket of water on the engines and the water wouldnt got to the bilge for about 5min! :D

Rocco 05-20-2004 03:11 PM

Wally,

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!, How fast ????? 500EFI's and super chargers !!!!!!

10 lbs Of **** in a 5 lbs Bag

JohnJan 05-20-2004 03:59 PM

I definately plan on a sea trial. I'm concerned about the weight for two reasons. No one pays attention to no wake zones on Lake Travis and the stern of that baby has got to sit deeeeep. And towing the thing with a C1500 truck. Flat ground no problem, slippery ramp, beeeg problem.

I do think those things look to shiznitz sitting way down in the stern though...
I'm not a Fountain guy, but I loved the way the 27's looked when they had twin BB's.

RebarBox 05-20-2004 04:19 PM

I rode in a new 28 with 330's and TRS back in 1980.....kinda show'in my age there a bit. :( I do not think that the BB boats are that muck lower in the water than mine with SB's although mine also has these lead weights hanging off the a$$ end called Stern Powr drives :crazy: I do recall with the stock 330's the boat DID NOT see 70 mph.

If your looking for a 28 SS, I do happen to have one FOR SALE!:D

open87 05-20-2004 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by JohnJan
You guys are kinda rienforcing my suspicions about big blocks in this boat. If it had small blocks I think it'd be a no brainer to have this boat. Is there some compelling reason why there are not more of these things with big blocks?

space. my 28 has a single bb with a trs, great handing , lower center of gravity. and all the room i need to work on. you can't go wrong with a 28 just make sure u get a survey.

damdonzi 05-20-2004 09:42 PM

Open72 -what's the progress report with your boat these days?

Wally 05-21-2004 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Rocco
Wally,

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!, How fast ????? 500EFI's and super chargers !!!!!!

10 lbs Of **** in a 5 lbs Bag

when i last spoke to him he said it was doing low 90's!!! I cant imagine going that fast in that boat......if the waters nice then maybe but anything over say 3's around here on lake Michigan and i can see it being hairy past 65/70!!

26ZX Donzi 05-22-2004 11:54 PM

Ron's boat rides great at speeds Wally referred to in some fairly heavy wave action on Lake Michigan. It flies and lands so predictably that it feels like a MUCH larger boat. I have been in the 92gps range with him on smaller lakes (Chain O' Lakes) and it really pulls strong right up to speed. As Wally's picture indicates - there ain't much room for anything extra in that bilge. When he redid the interior he cut large access holes behind rear seat to get at chargers and front of engines.