Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat testing in front of my house (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79547-boat-testing-front-my-house.html)

jtmiller02 05-20-2004 08:19 PM

Re: Boat testing in front of my house

Wow, i thought it was only about half of that they were letting it down. I can see now what you are talking about, it always amazes me down here at the beach, people that have a multi-million dollar home, thousands of dollars in a dock and even more in a boat, and at low-tide the dock is sitting 100% dry. It really sucks that you have to deal with it up there, but I geuss its better than a dam failure. I don't spend too much time up that way anymore, but it is a real pretty area. I went to USC...not a big fan of the avatar:D my bro and sis are both clemson people tho.

Phantom1 05-20-2004 08:21 PM

Hey Clear..............you have more water than I do in my little corner of Lake Murray. The official "rain dances" begin in about a month - maybe we can bring the water up quicker. :D

Phantom1 05-20-2004 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
Wow, i thought it was only about half of that they were letting it down. I can see now what you are talking about, it always amazes me down here at the beach, people that have a multi-million dollar home, thousands of dollars in a dock and even more in a boat, and at low-tide the dock is sitting 100% dry. It really sucks that you have to deal with it up there, but I geuss its better than a dam failure. I don't spend too much time up that way anymore, but it is a real pretty area. I went to USC...not a big fan of the avatar:D my bro and sis are both clemson people tho.

Go Cocks :D :drink:

R Addiction 05-20-2004 08:27 PM

Cool Stuff!! Give me one of those and glass smooth water!!!! Do some skippin' :cool:

clearcut3 05-20-2004 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Hey Clear..............you have more water than I do in my little corner of Lake Murray. The official "rain dances" begin in about a month - maybe we can bring the water up quicker. :D

I will be dancing with you :D . What really sux is when they start to let it back up it won't freakin rain for 6 months I bet :( . That's why we got so much rain in the last year...now it will be time for a drought.

By the way...goooo Tigers :D :drink: . You probably can't tell but my Avatar is actually a tigerpaw that is overlayed on top of Lake Hartwell (I stole it from someone :D )

clearcut3 05-20-2004 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
not a big fan of the avatar:D my bro and sis are both clemson people tho.

Class of 95. The best 4 years of my life were in Clemson. :) The rest of it's been good too :D

Phantom1 05-20-2004 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by clearcut3
You probably can't tell but my Avatar is actually a tigerpaw that is overlayed on top of Lake Hartwell (I stole it from someone :D )

After the ass-whoopin the Tigers put on us last year...........I don't miss many paws. :drink: Here's to lots of rain-

hugetime1 05-26-2004 07:32 PM

that is an 18' marage