Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat testing in front of my house (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79547-boat-testing-front-my-house.html)

clearcut3 05-20-2004 06:20 PM

Boat testing in front of my house

2 Attachment(s)
You definitely won't go offshore in it but this thing sounds wicked

BajaRunner 05-20-2004 06:21 PM

Re: Boat testing in front of my house

what is it?

clearcut3 05-20-2004 06:25 PM

It's some kind of little hydro...I'm not real familiar with these types of boats. He lives close to me by water and I know he races. I know what his other boat is though...a 30' Spectre with triple 2.5's. The Spectre is REALLY wicked.

open87 05-20-2004 06:52 PM

clear cut , ya missed 2 trees :crazy:

clearcut3 05-20-2004 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by open72
clear cut , ya missed 2 trees :crazy:

I'm not done yet :D :D :D

Ya gotta sneak those ones below the contour line when nobody's around. ;)

I actually have a yard full of trees but they are gradually disappearing to make way for other things :)

dreamboater 05-20-2004 07:20 PM

It is hard to make out, might be a mirage 1/4 master but it does appear to have sponsons that go past the cockpit. Probably a mirage or stv river racer. That is about the cheapest way to break 100mph, just need to be on protective water.

dreamboater 05-20-2004 07:22 PM

Nevermind after enlarging the picture, it is definately a Mirage 1/4 master. The boats are pretty much drag boats only. Can weight as little as 350-450lbs.

jtmiller02 05-20-2004 07:33 PM

Clearcut, how low is the lake up there right now? I know they said they were going to low it to work on the dam last year...its been a while since I've been out there. looks pretty nice!

clearcut3 05-20-2004 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
Clearcut, how low is the lake up there right now? I know they said they were going to low it to work on the dam last year...its been a while since I've been out there. looks pretty nice!

It was 15ft below normal stage and has only come up a little bit, about 2ft. You can see my almost finished dock in the first picture. Usually the water is all the way up between the 2nd and 3rd pole at the start of the pier and the poles at the end are almost totally covered. At the very end of my stationary dock you can just see the corner of my floater which is sitting on the ground, it is normally 15ft deep off my floater.

They will supposedly be far enough along with the back up damn to start letting it come up in July, I'll believe it when I see it :rolleyes: . It should be back to full by next year at worse, hopefully sooner, I'm ready :drink:

clearcut3 05-20-2004 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by dreamboater
Nevermind after enlarging the picture, it is definately a Mirage 1/4 master. The boats are pretty much drag boats only. Can weight as little as 350-450lbs.

I think you nailed it. I don't know him personally but was told that he runs drag boats. I heard one of them (maybe the one pictured) ran around 117 in the 1/4 mile.