Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!! >

OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!

Notices

OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!

Old 05-24-2004, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!

Sorry to hear about your problems. We've been flooding here in Pittsburgh also. Woke up at 8 am on Saturday to start pulling boats out of the water and get others to the next marina down that has floating docks. I know exactly what you are going through. We got lucky and it did not go as high as predicted. But its been worse before. Best of luck to you and hang in there.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:15 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

good luck
Old 05-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Registered

Tim, I wish I could help. If you pay for the fuel I could be there in 2 hours by boat How is the Dog taking all this, is he swimming in the moat around the house? I hope all goes well, the rain has held off today and it looks dry here until Thursday so you may also get some relief. Dave, get you butt over there, you are the closest. I can only imagine the panic and stress this is causing, water is a force to reckon with and is so hard to control, the bags are about all you can do. Once this subsides you will need to get rid of all those bags. Do you think you are over the 100 year stage? I bet the water has not been this high even for the previous owner. It's a good thing you have all these pumps, those must be in high demand for basements and situations like yours. Good luck, I'll say a prayer for you. HI Dee, you two deserve a nice few days off coming up here, we are going to have a good time and relax for a few days. Don't sweat the boat, I have a seat for the two of you if things don't pan out.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Cord,

What's the latest? I'm hoping no news is good news.

Buck
Old 05-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Yeah, Tim is going to have a big ole pile of sand bags when he's done. Pile em up behind the shed or something Tim, chances are you'll need em again some day.

Mike
Old 05-24-2004, 10:41 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cord,
Good luck man!! I hope you can beat the odds.. Keep at, but be safe! We'll be thinking of you over here on this side of the pond..

Dick
Old 05-24-2004, 10:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you luck. Hope this blows over soon.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:07 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. If there is a way to beat the flood, a gear head will figure it out. Best of luck .
Old 05-25-2004, 08:21 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Finally had a chance to get the pics resized. Luckly the storms that were predicted overnight fizzled into a light rain. The water continues to head back down. When these pics were taken, the water had already dropped about a foot. Originally it was about half way up the sand bags. You couldn't walk around the outside of the line with some knee high boots and not fill them. It was just below the siding. Right now the water is about 2' away from the bags. I believe the forcast is for two more dry days. That will keep the river headed back down to where it belongs.

HP-the ac unit was getting close to the water line. We cut it loose and moved it to higher ground. Sure hope I don't get busted for venting!

Somebody asked about the 100 year line. The 100 year flood level would be about 3-5' above our floor line! This flood never actually left the "floodway". That's some line drawn on a map by a guy in Washington. The water that you see is proably 5' above the bank level. At least 6, maybe a bit more above the water level two weeks ago. I never thought that I'd see the water this high. When you look at the terrain, you'd say that it will never happen.
Attached Thumbnails OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!-1.jpg   OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!-2.jpg   OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!-3.jpg  

Old 05-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Glad to hear things are starting to go your way!!our thoughts are with you......

Quick Reply: OSO member Cord needs local help ASAP!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.