Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sorry TooOld but I HAD to put the boat in the water (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79748-sorry-tooold-but-i-had-put-boat-water.html)

Audiofn 05-24-2004 07:03 AM

Sorry TooOld but I HAD to put the boat in the water

2 Attachment(s)
Got the boat wet yesterday :D:D Damn thing come out of the hole like the space shuttle, STRAIT up in the air!!! Pam asked me if it hurt when it landed from the launch :D:D It is currently ALL over the place and VERY hard to drive. I have to try different props and some set up. There is also a slight steering issue that will have to be addressed. However she runs strong and I can tell it has a LOT of potential.

Jon

Audiofn 05-24-2004 07:04 AM

Re: Sorry TooOld but I HAD to

Did not get to run it much as that is kind of a nature preserve and there is a 10 MPH speed limit. :crazy: :crazy: So I just kind of poped it up, went for about 200 yards and back down again......

Jon

Formula Outlaw 05-24-2004 07:12 AM

Congratulations, now how about the Formula??????

Just heard on the news there some kind of undetectable force originating out of South Carollina.

Audiofn 05-24-2004 07:15 AM

Formula is moving along slowly. Trying to get it ready for paint but now that I have the Donzi I am more inclined to get everything perfect in stead of rushing anything. I tried to do some work on the trailer yesterday but my brother used up all my gas in the torches and never refilled them for me.......

Jon

Shane 05-24-2004 07:39 AM

Re: Sorry TooOld but I HAD to put the boat in the water

Jon,

The DONZAAAIIIIIIIIIIIII looks great! Hope to see you soon my friend. :D :)

Formula Outlaw 05-24-2004 07:43 AM

Sounds EXACTLY what my brother would have done. Yeah, Jon, I'm a perfectionist myself. Guess that's why I ended up with 42 hours in redoing all my trailer lights and wiring. However, those lights will be the last lights working after a nuclear halocaust. I used all watertight connectors, five coats of liquid electrical tape, wherever there was a "clump" of wires, wired tied them tightly together, and five more coats of liquid electrical tape over that. Until I tested them, I was a little concerned electricity might not make it through the wiring. Wire tied everything every 12 inches. Went through almost 200 wire ties. Afraid the weight might have put me over the limit.....

Formula Outlaw 05-24-2004 07:44 AM

Sounds EXACTLY what my brother would have done. Yeah, Jon, I'm a perfectionist myself. Guess that's why I ended up with 42 hours in redoing all my trailer lights and wiring. However, those lights will be the last lights working after a nuclear halocaust. I used all watertight connectors, five coats of liquid electrical tape, wherever there was a "clump" of wires, wired tied them tightly together, and five more coats of liquid electrical tape over that. Until I tested them, I was a little concerned electricity might not make it through the wiring. Wire tied everything every 12 inches. Went through almost 200 wire ties. Afraid the weight might have put me over the limit.....

GLH 05-24-2004 08:37 AM

Jon as usuall your going backwards. :D

wwwTOPDJcom 05-24-2004 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
Jon as usual your going backwards. :D

its just shrinkage as he gets older :D

and he busts on me for not being on the water long at least I ran it 4 hours
and a few 1 mile full throttle runs, dodging LOGS no less

jtmiller02 05-24-2004 10:01 AM

Man, i just love those little boats, when i first saw one here i just thought the people were nuts driving that little thing with all the morons around here. But the more I see those the more I want one every time.

Congrats, BTW...there have been no Sutphen Sightings down my way, i duno about up north of here.