Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bad marina etiquette (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79862-bad-marina-etiquette.html)

ofshore 05-25-2004 12:56 PM

Re: Bad marina etiquette

That's pretty much a no brainer next time bring more chick instead.:D

GLH 05-25-2004 01:00 PM

F-Him, more babes and where is Allan4 is a putz?

clearcut3 05-25-2004 01:10 PM

If it's a dude that can't back a trailer or put the boat on it....what good is he anyway :D :D :D

Formula Outlaw 05-25-2004 01:19 PM

I would have yelled back, "NOT HERE AND NO YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE THEM WAIT". Then I'd thrown him twenty bucks and told him to get a cab.

PhantomChaos 05-25-2004 01:52 PM

How much additional time are you talking about to load the stuff.....30 seconds? Big deal! :D

spitfire1 05-25-2004 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Exactly....pretty silly to get in a pissing match over something as chicken chit as this. Plenty of time to explain later in a friendly manner. That is how I would treat a friend who I brought out boating who does not have experience around these things.

Remember, each one of us has been at a launch for a first time.... ;)

Exactly.....

robyw1 05-25-2004 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by clearcut3
If it's a dude that can't back a trailer or put the boat on it....what good is he anyway :D :D :D

I think for now on I will keep this in mind. Thanks clearcut :D

Roby

Gary Anderson 05-25-2004 02:07 PM

If it makes you feel better, I didn't remember if you were there for sure. I do remember that they never seated the guy. :p

And alcohol only kills the weak brain cells anyway.

Originally Posted by Jesse James
I know nothing I am merely the messenger... :)

I didnt know you could remeber that far back........guess it is not true what they say about alchohol killing brain cells :)

mopower 05-25-2004 03:18 PM

Yeah , let it go. He's problably too stupid to try to explain.

Danny_Ocean 05-25-2004 04:26 PM

I had two (guy) friends in from Calif. this weekend...non-boaters. I laid down the rules:

1. Do not step on my upholstery while wearing shoes.

2. Do not allow my boat to hit anything while docking.

3. Do not talk loudly when coming in to the slip late at night.

They violated all three rules, over-and-over again. If they weren't such good friends, they wouldn't be invited back. Point is, you have to weigh the relationship with your friend. If he's a putz, don't invite him back. If he's a good friend, you gotta over-look some stuff.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Note: Any woman with C's or larger and who wears a size 2 or less can break any of the above rules at any time without penalty.