Notices
View Poll Results: Okay now what should I have done with him?
Backed over him?
4.72%
Pushed him overboard before returning to the marina?
0%
Left his ass at home and brought another female instead?
49.06%
Pretended the boat's throttle was stuck wide-open while pulling him on the tube?
2.83%
Started the boat in gear as he was climbing up the swim ladder?
0%
All of the above?
25.47%
Just let it go because he didn't know?
17.92%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Bad marina etiquette

Old 05-25-2004, 05:59 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bad marina etiquette

Originally Posted by Danny_Ocean
They violated all three rules, over-and-over again. If they weren't such good friends, they wouldn't be invited back.
If they were really that good friends perhaps they wouldn't have violated all three so many times
Old 05-25-2004, 06:00 PM
Registered

I had two (guy) friends in from Calif. this weekend...non-boaters. I laid down the rules:
Californians are A-Holes anyway!

The best ramp around is "THE DUNES" in Newport Beach. They set up a bar facing the ramp so you can sit and watch fights happen. I love it. I have sat down there after a long day of boating and watched the fights begin and end. This weekend I will most likely watch those who take there boats out 2 times per year (Memorial and Christmas parade).
Old 05-25-2004, 06:09 PM
Danny_Ocean

Originally Posted by mopower
If they were really that good friends perhaps they wouldn't have violated all three so many times
Well...they are good friends (20+ yrs.), just clueless. Both multi-millionaires, educated & respected businessmen...but they can't chew gum and walk at the same time. I'm sure everyone here has/had a friend like that.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Last edited by Danny_Ocean; 05-25-2004 at 06:11 PM.

Old 05-25-2004, 06:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure everyone here has/had a friend like that.
None that I take boating with me. I rarely take anyone with me, except other boater friends that know proper behaviour.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Talking Re: Bad marina etiquette

I had a pal who wouldn't follow the rules of etiquette on the golf course. His first time out too but after the 5th time he hit the breaks on the cart and brought it to a screeeetching halt with everybody looking etc. I got in the cart as he was teeing off and left him at the 5th hole and told everybody as I went back not to pick him up. It worked! He hasen't called since!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:53 PM
Danny_Ocean

Originally Posted by cuda
None that I take boating with me. I rarely take anyone with me, except other boater friends that know proper behaviour.
Right...an old college drinkin' buddy (who was also your best man and you were his best man) shows up to party and you're going to leave him at the dock because he's a dumbazz...

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 05-25-2004, 07:11 PM
Banned

Right...an old college drinkin' buddy (who was also your best man and you were his best man) shows up to party and you're going to leave him at the dock because he's a dumbazz...

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Count on it!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Banned

I haven't taken my oldest freind out for years, because he is one non-boating SOB!
Old 05-25-2004, 07:21 PM
Danny_Ocean

You're right...If I had only a Formula, I wouldn't take my buddies out, either...

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Old 05-25-2004, 08:02 PM
Danny_Ocean

Not to hi-jack this thread, but since we're on the subject of bad marina etiquette...Am I the only one who is plauged by f-ing a-holes who zoom past my dock kicking up a GIANT wake? My dock is on a canal, well within a development. It's not like we're right at the beginning of a no-wake zone. The dipsheets have to pass by no less than 75 boats/homes before they get to my location on the canal.

Had one loser in a SeaRay cruise by this afternoon with a wake I could surf on. I yelled and his old lady (bleach-blonde, natty looking, pock-marked scum-slut with cigarette stained fingers) flipped me off. He kept right on going.

Note to self: Get a paint-ball rifle.

D. Ocean
Pompano Beach, FLA

Quick Reply: Bad marina etiquette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.