Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Decent boat ramps on the Delaware River? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/79948-decent-boat-ramps-delaware-river.html)

katywompus 05-26-2004 09:03 PM

Re: Decent boat ramps on the Delaware River?

Thats what I wanna hear, "A1 rated ramp" :D
I'm definately gonna check this one out.

mopower 05-26-2004 09:04 PM

C-Spray ,
The one across from the airport is in National Park NJ. Nice ramp , nice docks and 18" of water at low tide. Not much good for anything but a jon boat. I know people who got out and walked their boat in :rolleyes: . You're also at the mercy of every passing wake including tugs :eek: . There is warning signs posted for both potential problems :cool:

mopower 05-27-2004 03:16 PM

ttt

bob 05-27-2004 10:52 PM

There is a ramp in Pennsville, NJ that works fairly well from mid to high tide. However, there is no dock there, just a ramp. You can beach your boat however. There is also a ramp towards Salem at a marina down there. I would probably do Chesapeake City on the C&D if you have the time.

mr weazelle 05-28-2004 05:51 AM

There is a ramp at the Neshaminy State Park. Probably a little too far north for you. A protected ramp, and enough parking for any size rig.

Kevin

JON242 05-28-2004 11:34 AM

Mopower - How do you get to the one in Gloucester City? I've been using Hargroves but I'd like to check this one out. How late is it open?

mopower 05-28-2004 06:05 PM

Jon,
Go past Hargroves and out to the circle. Around the circle and under the RR bridge. Take the first right off the next circle up into Gloucester. Up aways and around a bend you will see a wide street that goes off on an angle to the left(Jersey ave) Follow that to the end and its right in front of you. OR Market street exit off of rte 42 make a left aat the top of the ramp and follow it to the end. Make a left on King street . It's about two blocks on the right.
How late is it open? About as late as you want. The gates will be getting closed in the future but season passes get keys to rest rooms , ramp gate , main gate and electronic pass card for dock access for a $25 deposit. You don't have to fight the tide like Hargroves :D . There is no dock next to the ramp , so I've been driving the boat off the trailer and Wifies been parking the truck. Then I meet her at the dock. When returning she'll get the truck and I'll drive the boat back on. So far it's got Hargroves beat handsdown :blaster: :D (and I've spent 10 years there)