Notices
View Poll Results: Okay now what should I have done with him?
Backed over him?
4.72%
Pushed him overboard before returning to the marina?
0%
Left his ass at home and brought another female instead?
49.06%
Pretended the boat's throttle was stuck wide-open while pulling him on the tube?
2.83%
Started the boat in gear as he was climbing up the swim ladder?
0%
All of the above?
25.47%
Just let it go because he didn't know?
17.92%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Bad marina etiquette

Old 05-25-2004, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Bad marina etiquette

What do you do when someone makes you look bad at the ramp? I was at the marina Sunday night and I was attempting to put the boat on back on the trailer. Well because I was with my female friends I pretty much had to back the trailer in the water and drive the boat on myself. Well I did take a friend of mine who wasn't female (a rarity for me) He has probably been on a boat twice in his life so he really didn't know any better. I was waiting in line to get the boat back on the trailer and as soon as it was my turn I pulled up and started to back in. I always make it a point to be as quick as possible. I try to take no longer than 2-mins to back the trailer in the water, put boat on trailer, and pull trailer out of water. 2-mins is my goal. But my ******* friend decided as I was backing the trailer in to walk up behind the truck and proceed to load a cooler and his other belongings. I told him out loud for all to hear "hey you can't do that here!" and what was his fu*&in reply? "THEY CAN WAIT" Now what should I have done?

Thanks for your input
Roby

Last edited by robyw1; 05-25-2004 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bad marina etiquette

Put it in forward, quick hit the gas, and dump all his stuff int the water.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:53 AM
Registered

leave him-grab babe
Old 05-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Registered

I would explain that this is not a parking lot or a stagging area, it is for launching and retrieving boats, any other activity is limited to home or while waiting in line as long as it does not hold the line up. I am notorious for this, I will walk up to someone who is loading the boat and taking the cover off and explain the above. I have no patience at the ramp and have taken over vehicles that can't back up on the first try. He is new but ask him how he feels in a checkout line when the person in front waits until the last second to write a check. 99% of the check can be written while in line. This is the best analogy I know of and one he can relate to. Plus the safety factor, he could have been run over. I had a guy jump over my trailer once, it is 40ft long and he did not want to wait or walk around the front of the truck. In mid flight I sped up a little, not knowing he was there and heard a clunk,bang and yell, he tripped and landed in between the cross members and if I had not heard something he would have gone in the water with the trailer...on his back. He was banged up and all I said was "see, your big hurry turned into a big gash and now you have to treat it and this will all take 3 times the time to just wait or walk around." I love adding insult to injury when it is deserved.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd leave his azz at home next time.

It's perfectly understandable to be ignorant of ramp etiquette if you're not a regular, but when he mouthed back and said "they can wait," that's where I draw the line.

It's your boat, your rules, you're the one looking bad, so he should have followed your lead.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

forgot to add

NEVER INVITE SAID PERSON BOATING AGIAN
Old 05-25-2004, 12:24 PM
Charter Member #1015
Charter Member

[B]Just remember this the next time he asks, " When are we going boating again?"
Just tell you'll let him know then never call him.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:27 PM
VIP Member

Explain to him about his error in judgement and then LEAVE HIM AT THE DOCK!!!
Old 05-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Registered

Was that at BWJs. And was I involved?

Originally Posted by Jesse James
I knew a guy who encountered a similar situation while waiting for a slip at a popular resturant. The gentlemen inquestion was politly waiting for the other boat to clear before going for the slip (mind you it is 100+ degrees) and some A-hole goes plowing in and takes the slip...........Ironically that same ahole waited for 4 hours for a table and the a lnghty period after being seated to be waited on????? and the polite gentleman and his party were seated immediatly and served and enjoying post dinner cocktails while the originall a-hole was still waiting........
Old 05-25-2004, 12:37 PM
Registered

robyw1
Let's see, your boat, your trailer, your truck, your gas/booze. Sounds like he should listen or stay home.
Gary

Quick Reply: Bad marina etiquette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.