Notices

Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Old 05-31-2004, 01:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Originally Posted by Downtown42
trash, what is your involvement with Rio? That boat is 2mo old?
The boat is about 4 years old . Right now with the Kilo record of 160 mph. (not bad for a 4 yr old boat)

I`m just a crew member .I haul the boat to every race. (Best job in the world)

Just got back from the Fountain factroy ( Down and Back in one day )

See you in Marathon, Rob and Kim

Wait to you see the new look , We totally rebuit her in 2 weeks up here in NJ.

Mike
Old 05-31-2004, 01:33 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New Look
Attached Thumbnails Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks-im000522.jpg  
Old 05-31-2004, 03:20 PM
Allan4

We sell Frenzy Products below MSRP....if anyone is interested, check out this link:

http://www.hilsingermotorsports.com/...?threadid=1033

We just picked up the product line a few weeks ago. Kim and the crew has been very easy to work with. So far so good!!

Have a great Holiday everyone...

Old 05-31-2004, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kim or Rob,
What ever came of the discussion (in another thread) re: how the finish seems to attrack and make things 'cling' to it?? Someone else here on OSO experienced this cling factor. Almost like it had a very slight negative charge or something?? That's the only negative (no pun intended ) thing I can say after using the wax product ... it was very easy on/off, finish looked great, but small (tiny) pieces of leaves and stuff seemed to cling to the areas just waxed, as opposed to being completely slick and slippery surface. Longevity still be tested

Thx Chris
Old 06-01-2004, 07:19 AM
Registered

Chris,
I don't recall that thread. However, I will talk with my chemist today and get back with you. We haven't seen that here. In fact, we've had quite the opposite; salt doesn't stick and pollent even seems to fly right off.

I'll have something for you within the next few hours.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I have not had it on long enough to comment on the above.
But the one thing I did notice is that the deck has a high gloss shine without the super slippery surface. Makes me feel better about people up on the bow tending lines.
The On/Off and cleaning properties of this product is hands down better than anything I've used including Bio-Clean.
Shark Tower works as promised. I had some bad stains on my props from some type of acid product that nothing else would remove.

Do any of these products really last a whole season? I have never seen it, I would rather wax once every 4 to 6 weeks and have that just waxed look. Frenzy at least made it easier! My free time is valuable
Old 06-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zyzzyx2123

I have also read where silicon based products will absolutely destroy a paint job over time and cause a body shop to have to strip the boat or truck to raw metal or glass in order to repaint. Thi is because with the silicon the new paint won't adhere correctly. I have heard this for years from many body and paint guys.
To address the silicon question:
Silicone has been used in the manufacturing of automotive paints since 1952 and is in 99% of paints used today. It is, therefore, safe to say that silicon will not destroy a paint job, even after long term use.

Last edited by frenzy; 06-01-2004 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
Kim or Rob,
What ever came of the discussion (in another thread) re: how the finish seems to attrack and make things 'cling' to it?? Someone else here on OSO experienced this cling factor. Almost like it had a very slight negative charge or something?? That's the only negative (no pun intended ) thing I can say after using the wax product ... it was very easy on/off, finish looked great, but small (tiny) pieces of leaves and stuff seemed to cling to the areas just waxed, as opposed to being completely slick and slippery surface. Longevity still be tested

Thx Chris
Chris,
The silicon in our wax is non-polar, which means it has no charge whatsoever. Waxing Frenzy! is designed to repel both positive and negative dirt and contaminates.

Perhaps you applied too much of the product. If that is the case, the "extra" wax and silicon is sitting there (doing nothing) and may attract the leaves and "stuff". Waxing Frenzy! should be applied very sparingly; small circular motion to ensure complete coverage.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frenzy
Chris,
The silicon in our wax is non-polar, which means it has no charge whatsoever. Waxing Frenzy! is designed to repel both positive and negative dirt and contaminates.

Perhaps you applied too much of the product. If that is the case, the "extra" wax and silicon is sitting there (doing nothing) and may attract the leaves and "stuff". Waxing Frenzy! should be applied very sparingly; small circular motion to ensure complete coverage.

Hope this helps.
Youl know...I have to laugh...on your bottle it says...use "sparingly"......and then later in the instructions it says use "liberally".....so which is it ????? Liberally or Sparingly????
Old 06-01-2004, 09:22 AM
Registered

Revolution Marine offshore racing uses Waxing Frenzy.... we like the ease of use and the shine.

Quick Reply: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.