Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80149-waxing-frenzy-hammerhead-boatworks.html)

frenzy 06-01-2004 10:00 AM

Re: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Originally Posted by Spitfire1
Youl know...I have to laugh...on your bottle it says...use "sparingly"......and then later in the instructions it says use "liberally".....so which is it ????? Liberally or Sparingly???? :confused: :confused:

Sorry to confuse you. Apply liberally, spread sparingly. If you put a good amount onto your applicator, you can spread a thin coat quite far down your hull before you have to apply more.

NJgr8ful 06-01-2004 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by frenzy
Chris,
I don't recall that thread. However, I will talk with my chemist today and get back with you. We haven't seen that here. In fact, we've had quite the opposite; salt doesn't stick and pollent even seems to fly right off.

I'll have something for you within the next few hours.

Thanks.

Spectre Man's post #113

This is the thread and Spectre Man's post was the one I was curious about, because he had similar results as mine.

NJgr8ful 06-01-2004 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by frenzy
Chris,
The silicon in our wax is non-polar, which means it has no charge whatsoever. Waxing Frenzy! is designed to repel both positive and negative dirt and contaminates.

Perhaps you applied too much of the product. If that is the case, the "extra" wax and silicon is sitting there (doing nothing) and may attract the leaves and "stuff". Waxing Frenzy! should be applied very sparingly; small circular motion to ensure complete coverage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Kim,
I'll experiment with the product some more :) Overall I like ... little costly, but will be looking to prove to myself the expense was worth it! ;)

Airpacker 06-01-2004 01:54 PM

is it available in Canada and if so ,where?

frenzy 06-01-2004 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
is it available in Canada and if so ,where?

Not yet available in Canada per se. We are set up to ship there, though. We're working on getting an outlet there.

frenzy 06-01-2004 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by njgr8ful
Thanks Kim,
I'll experiment with the product some more :) Overall I like ... little costly, but will be looking to prove to myself the expense was worth it! ;)

Not trying to "push", but the cost is easily justified by the small amount of product you actually have to use.

I look forward to hearing more from you as you experiment. Please feel free to call if you have any questions regarding application and uses.

Thanks!

McGary911 06-01-2004 03:39 PM

dammit everyone, all this Frenzy-talk just made me order the 4 pack!!! This sounds like just the product for the wax-hater. Hopefully it will delivered by Friday. Remember to enter the OSO discount code when ordering, OSO10 .....I can't complain about 10% savings.... ;)

JnT 06-01-2004 03:49 PM

My boat has been covered since the first application so no new info there.My truck has been washed 3 times and been rained on repeatedly driving from Louisiana to Georgia and back.Then across the state and back.Bugs come off a lot easier.Wax does not bead but sheeting action is there.Still able to read newspaper print in a 6 year old paint job that has never lived in a garage.I used an orbital buffer to apply the wax on the truck after "cutting in" the tight areas by hand.My only complaint is shipping cost.USPS option would probably be a little less money.Thanks Hammerhead Boatworks!Jim Lee

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-05-2004 06:51 PM

Kim, "Frenzy"

Could you tell me if it is safe to use on a polyester casting? I have the "One Step Cleaner Wax".
I assume it would, but I just installed a Polyester Sink and would like to put a protective coating on it. The manufacturer of the sink just says to use an automotive paste wax...

BTW, I used this stuff on my outboards and just so happened to park next to brand new Mercury # 6's on a Skater. Many people commented about my 2.5 Outboards and how they looked so much better than the 6's the guy just bought. My Outboards are original paint from 1997....
I love this stuff already.....

Let me know your thoughts on using on the sink....
Thanks!
Shark

frenzy 06-06-2004 06:53 PM

Could you tell me if it is safe to use on a polyester casting? I have the "One Step Cleaner Wax".

Shark: Yes, it's safe to use.

Thanks, and glad we helped you to "show off"!