Notices

Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Old 06-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts
Default Re: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Originally Posted by Wes Smith
I use Zaino's now on my car and after multiple coats it looks better than a new paint job.
Not sure if it's really formulated for the boat though......
Wes...maybe this should read:
Chris puts Zaino on my cars and when he's done, they look better than new

BTW...I use it on my 'Vette, it doesn't do too well under a cover when it gets wet outside.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Wes...maybe this should read:
Chris puts Zaino on my cars and when he's done, they look better than new

BTW...I use it on my 'Vette, it doesn't do too well under a cover when it gets wet outside.
You're right...Chris is the detail king for sure !
Its what's having a 16 year old son who loves cars and boats is all about !
Old 06-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Registered

i used the frenzy for the first time a couple weeks ago. it did make the boat shine well. I left it sit at the dock for 3 days (holiday weekend), and then it went back on the rack. When i went to wash the scum line off i noticed that it wasn't comming off very easily, and now there is a scum stain that i will need to work at to get off. I never had a problem with my normal wax (starbrite teflon) and scum stains. they usually washed right off with the starbight, unless it was in for about a week then it would stain a little. but 3 days??????

so my verdict is...... it did shine well, but did not protect against the scum. maybe wax does need to keep "beading" to keep protecting.???? So back to the starbrite i go.....maybe i'll use the frenzy for the bow
Old 06-11-2004, 05:07 AM
Registered

What you are comparing is wax to Teflon. If you are running in water that stains your hull, or you let the boat sit for any length of time, you should use Teflon on the hull and follow it with a coat of Wax. The method for this application is to apply the Teflon, let it cure for 24 to 48 hours, then apply the wax.

Several manufacturers have used this method, using our "Teflon" and Waxing Frenzy! and have had excellent results with boats sitting for up to 3 weeks.

You should note that the Teflon you are using does not protect against UV damage or oxidation. It is meant to be used as a "barrier" for the purposes mentioned above.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about application and/or the protection you will get.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Registered

tnks Trout. We appreciate your integrity.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Kim is excellent to talk to and pleasant to order from. I used Frenzy wax on 2 cars. Normal good wax shine, 2 weeks later mostly gone (the shine). 2 months now no trace. The Shark Tower metal polish is fantastic and will be what I use from now on. I also just used the hammerhead soap (I forget the name). It worked excellent, and had no effect on the wax already on the boat (3M Ultra Performance Marine). It cleaned the oily scum line easily. Be carefull on the deck, it is extremely slippery!!
Old 06-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

Used that wax on my old 88 camaro after I got back up to Pittsburgh. It still beads up and the water will sheet off of it. This was at least 3 weeks ago now. The only places on the body it no longer beads up is on the hood and trunk where the paint is breaking down and deteriorating from neglect and sunfade. But I am impressed with how it cleared up the haziness in the rear plastic window and how the windows still beat the water up and then just sheets it off while driving the car in the rain. Best part is that I washed the car then waxed it in the direct sunlight. No problems removing the wax at all. Now I just need to use it on my Baja.... If it ever stops raining.
Old 06-13-2004, 06:20 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Cool Re: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Originally Posted by frenzy

Thanks, and glad we helped you to "show off"!
Here is what they look like. Now do these look like 1997 engines?

Yes, original paint and some Waxing Frenzy.....

Click on the photos for a close up look....
Attached Thumbnails Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks-100_0812r.jpg   Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks-100_0811r.jpg   Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks-100_0810r.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-13-2004, 09:01 PM
Registered

Tried my frenzy wax this weekend. It didnt have a ton of cut in it, which i needed, because my deck was a bit oxidezed. My 3m cleaner wax did a better job on the gel. On the hullsides, the frenzy did a great job. I'll see how it holds up. It DOES come off very easy, which is a big plus for me. The vinyl treatment seems to do the job VERY well. Now that the gel is shiny, i think the frenzy is the way to go. Just not the thing for an oxidezed hull. Keep in mind, my boat is 25 years old.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:18 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Originally Posted by McGary911
It didnt have a ton of cut in it, which i needed, because my deck was a bit oxidezed. My 3m cleaner wax did a better job on the gel.
So maybe I should compound my boot stripe out 1st then apply the Frenzy?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Quick Reply: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.