Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80149-waxing-frenzy-hammerhead-boatworks.html)

RollWithIt 06-14-2004 11:31 AM

Re: Waxing Frenzy from Hammerhead Boatworks

I used the products on my boat this past weekend. I too have some oxidation on the deck and sides that needed a little more coaxing to get out. So I hit it with a power buffer and some rubbing compound. Afterwards, I waxed the whole boat with the Waxing frenzy and was impressed. I can stand at the rear of the boat and read the license plate in the reflection of my truck on the side white hull. Also, after a nice overnight rainstorm, I have the only boat that still had water beaded up on it at 11am. The cleaning agent in the wax also helped to remove some stubburn stains in the vinyl. Needless to say, I'm happy.

frenzy 06-14-2004 12:12 PM

Waxing Frenzy! will remove LIGHT oxidation. Once it gets beyond that, you will have to use a buffer and compound. Our compounds will be available for retail soon. The good news...no harsh fumes! We have a complete line, from light (finesse) to super duty.

Glad you were pleased with the results. We always appreciate the feedback!

JnT 07-28-2004 09:03 PM

Just wanted to share the results of using Waxing Frenzy. My truck is still beading in some places and definitely sheeting like they advertise.I've logged about six thousand miles and the truck is never covered. Its been two months since the first application.I was going to go back to Meguires gold class but the Frenzy is holding up well. On my fishing boat that is covered ,unless its in use, the wax is still beading.Both the truck and the boat look great but the truck is losing its shine.Time to recoat. I used the wax in direct sunlight when I applied it.No probs.That is a big issue for me.Plus they support offshore racing! I'm impressed and will buy more.

JnT 07-28-2004 09:29 PM

Troutly, how did your test go on the Formula?

Jassman 07-28-2004 09:30 PM

I just got 3 more wash n wax, I use it on everything. If used properly, being a concentrate, it really goes along way, Im very pleased with the products. Jeff

frenzy 07-31-2004 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Scott
I have not had it on long enough to comment on the above.
But the one thing I did notice is that the deck has a high gloss shine without the super slippery surface. Makes me feel better about people up on the bow tending lines.
The On/Off and cleaning properties of this product is hands down better than anything I've used including Bio-Clean.
Shark Tower works as promised. I had some bad stains on my props from some type of acid product that nothing else would remove.

Do any of these products really last a whole season? I have never seen it, I would rather wax once every 4 to 6 weeks and have that just waxed look. Frenzy at least made it easier! My free time is valuable :cool:

Nothing lasts a whole season. Anyway, most of our customers are on a 4-6 week schedule (at the most).

Cord 08-01-2004 10:23 PM

I tried it this past weekend and was pretty impressed. Easy application and even easier removal. A nice glassy shine too.

Caincando1 08-02-2004 10:20 AM

last year I used Starbrite with teflon. I have to say that stuff rock at keeping the boat clean and it's sooooo easy to clean after you pull it out. It was a pain to put it on. I had to use a foam pad on a high speed buffer to get it to shine up nice.

This year Frenzy. It takes a little more elbo grease to wipe the the river scum off. But it does come off. The frenzy is a ton easier to apply so I may buy a bottle of the spray wax and just spray it down to clean it up every couple weeks.