Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fu*%ing Theives (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80203-fu%2A%25ing-theives.html)

packinair 05-30-2004 11:10 AM

Re: Fu*%ing Theives

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Install some motion controlled area lights... Thieves are like roaches... as soon as the lights come on... they scramble......... :mad:

Boat is going into the back yard (a pain in the ass to do), cars back in the garage then, motion lights up, and a little chat with the neighbor

mobilecal 05-30-2004 11:23 AM

Thats a shame you have to do that

mopower 05-30-2004 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Someone explain the reasonable justification for shooting someone for stealing personal property...

On the other hand .....what gives this good boy the right to break and enter and steal?

wwwTOPDJcom 05-30-2004 11:35 AM

Someone explain the reasonable justification for shooting someone for stealing personal property...

ok a ATV is not all that expensive, but trout how about your boat getting yanked from your yard, you sure you wouldn't cap his ass ? :D

Downtown42 05-30-2004 11:36 AM

I paid for it and he didn't.

Phknlwyr 05-30-2004 11:50 AM

In Maryland, you may only use that force which is used against you to repel an intruder. If they have a knife, gun, bat etc. - something that could be construed as deadly force - you have the right to respond with deadly force. If, however, the intruder/thief sees the error of his ways when confronted and tries to flee, you do not have the right to use deadly force while they are fleeing. So, plant something good on him and turn him around so that it appears he lunged at you.

cigarette1 05-30-2004 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42
I paid for it and he didn't.

Oh yeah ... that should give you the right to KILL him :rolleyes:

Downtown42 05-30-2004 12:00 PM

Good American lwyr. You guys aren't all that bad.

mobilecal 05-30-2004 12:01 PM

ok, so knock his melon off, cut yourself, wipe the prints, place in his hands, leave NO evidence and call 911. Watch CSI. LMAO. Better yet.........MOVE TO LOUISIANA AND FEED HIM TO THE GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Downtown42 05-30-2004 12:32 PM

Society as a whole has tried to evolve past that stage in our history, but I see there are still some holdouts :D[/COLOR]

Trout, that stage in history had way less crime than currently. You could let your kids eat their Halloween candy without cking in those days.