I am a former veteran and have enclosed this thread early for those of you coming in this evening and getting ready for tomorrow. While you are out tomorrow please remember those
1. that have lost their lives defending your country
2. that are without families this weekend while you are out getting sun
3. that are without their daddy or momma this weekend
4. that are making the United States of America a better place to live
5. that took a decrease in pay to serve their country while the family suffers at home
6. that enjoy the fact that for those of you that did not serve, you yet get to enjoy the freedom
7 that also have boats locked up somewhere and are not able to use them due to fact that where they are there is no water.
Just remember to drink a damn beer for them tomorrow and to think of them as they will be thinking of you tomorrow also.
Have a great day and be very safe. No need for lost lives for no cause.
UNITED STATES of AMERICA
Slippery when wet. "POD" Free Tunnel through Common Sense Engineering
I'd like to add a few more:
Say a special blessing for:
8. Those men who had their first child born while they served our country in a completely foreign land. And who came home years later to a confused toddler who had to learn who "Daddy" is.
9. Those soldiers who were still just kids when sent to front lines to witness things they previously only thought existed in movies.
10. Those retired soldiers who still are unable to sit through fireworks shows because they sound too much like the horrific war zone they want desperately to forget.
11. Especially to the extra-compassionate soldiers, who struggled for the rest of their lives attempting to make peace with themselves for taking another human life, even though we ALL knew and appreciated the huge sacrifice they made, and frequently honored and praised them as our valiant hero's and saviors of America's freedom.
To those brave and courageous men and women, especially those who saw their closest comrades fall to the cold ground beside them - and they could do nothing - I say an extra special prayer they don't needlessly live with any guilt, and that God erases all of war's ugliness from their memories.
I love you dad, and I miss you so much - more than you'll ever know:
Last edited by BK; 05-30-2004 at 09:52 PM.
Yesterday I spoke a vet at Wal-Mart that was sell the flower (bloomers?). I thanked him for his service and thank all the men and women who have previously served, are serving now, and will serve in the future. We owe you all EVERYTHING!
Remember, we're not the bad guys
I am a friend of a young soldier who recently served in Afghanistan and Iraq, lost a buddy, and has returned disillusioned. Under the barrage of the smothering, instantaneous news coverage and inflammatory dialogue that pervades our atmosphere daily, it is difficult for him, and all of us, to remember the reason he was sent and the value of his contribution. He needs to know that America is deeper than CNN News and partisan politics.
Citizens are free to protest - in France, in Belgium, Italy, Spain, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovakia, Poland, Japan, Germany, South Korea and Iraq. Those citizens owe their freedom to America's military might and the aid of our allies du jour. Without the sacrifice of Americans, our money and our lives, Europe would today be under a Hitlerian dictatorship. The Far East, including China, would be ruled by the empire of Japan. Without the pressure and resolve of America during the Cold War, Russia would still be the oppressive USSR. Without America and her friends, Yugoslav and Iraqi people would still be under the murderous thumb of evil tyrants.
Extremely well said Bob!Originally Posted by bajabob38
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine