Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   More aggravation on Lake George!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80311-more-aggravation-lake-george.html)

otis311 06-01-2004 09:48 PM

Re: More aggravation on Lake George!!!!

Originally Posted by formulaz583
If there is nothing more to it than this, then its just plain wrong. Course they could have just been looking at a nice boat :crazy:

The problem with ANY patrols on a lake is that they know the boats. Even if you are in the right, if you give them a hard time, they are gonna harrass you. Its not fair or right, but its a fact of life. The best thing to do, is just follow the rules that are set up, and thats it. If they ticket you for something bogus, go in front of Judge Harry, and fight it.

They could be just looking, but I highly doubt it. Ive said it before. Most patrol agencies on the Lake are professoinals. These L.G.'s are Part time wanna be's and trying to make a name for them selves to further their careers in a real law enforcement agency. The Troopers are fine, the Sherriffs you can deal with,The coast gaurd you dont mess with, and the Fish Cops (NYS EN-CON) generally leave you alone. Its the damn L.G.'s

I wont be back out on the Lake until next weekend as Im headed for Dover tomarrow for the races. It will be interesting once I do go out on the lake. Ill be sure to seek out these pain in the asses and see what they want on my terms.

otis311 06-02-2004 07:54 AM

IIRC, there are some LGP that are full time? The Officers?

The USCG? On LG? I must have missed them, or they are hiding pretty well.

I see your point, but you know if you go and confront them, that they are just going to make your life terrible all summer. Is it worth it???

yup

GLH 06-02-2004 08:27 AM

Boy am I glad I boat on that Lake the one WE a year where those water-cops don't do anything to us!!!

Chuck must feel good he burned 100 gallons to entertain the Village and then get it up the wazzoo the following week end!!! :D:D:D

Lake Champlain is still the far-west compared to you guys!!!

Vern 06-02-2004 12:14 PM

These L.G.'s are Part time wanna be's and trying to make a name for them selves to further their careers in a real law enforcement agency.
That would explain why they wasted their time with speed and noise tickets instead of investigating the OWI.

Chuck 06-02-2004 12:43 PM

Formula,I appreciate your replies to my post but I didn't think it was illegal to have lunch at the A. Because it would make life better for myself is not a reason to put up with being bothered everytime I'm on the lake. You do make a good point though, I was speeding, and they were just doing their jobs. It wasn't however the Lg patrols job to park behind my boat no less than 5 times while I was having lunch. I do think I will give my sales tax dollars,fuel dollars,food dollars, and yes Formula even ,my alcohol dollars to a venue that will appreciate people spending in their business's and community.

Shane 06-02-2004 04:10 PM

Chuck,

I would write a letter to The Chronicle, The Post Star, The Lake George Mirror etc. I would also get the name and badge number of the cop/wannabe and tell it how it is. You may have seen I have done it about sleds. We HAVE to atart standing up to this ****. And ticketing for 67 before July 4 is nonsense!

GLH 06-02-2004 08:51 PM

You guys will NEVER win.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but no one is going to rise from their rocking chair to groundswell for fast, noisy, fun boats they cannot afford them and hate your guts for having them.
Why do you think they are all happy when you messup parking? So they can justify to their wives why they don't have them not cause they can't afford them.

otis311 06-03-2004 05:35 AM

Geez, you guys really want to stir the hornets nest. If they printed these letters, do ya thing the patrol would take it out on the letter writers?

What are you worried about and who's side you on anyways ??

otis311 06-03-2004 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by GLH
You guys will NEVER win.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but no one is going to rise from their rocking chair to groundswell for fast, noisy, fun boats they cannot afford them and hate your guts for having them.
Why do you think they are all happy when you messup parking? So they can justify to their wives why they don't have them not cause they can't afford them.

G.L.

You hit it dead on right there bro. I have heard more negative comments behind my back from non performance boaters about the boat is too big and what do you need something like that on Lake George for

The answer is simple

Because I want to and because I can !!

People get jealous because you got something bigger and nicer and all they can do is mother**** you instead of complimenting you

Chuck 06-03-2004 06:06 AM

Formula, The boat would pass the noise resrictions and I was not drunk. I only know that it would pass the noise regulations because of a similar situation last year. The situation got so bad last year I contacted an attorney and seriously considered a lawsuit, but that is a another story with a long post on this board if you are interested in reading about it. That is also the reason that this is pissing me off so much. There is plenty to do on the water without harrassing people who are up there to have fun and spend money. And as far as the officers just lokking at Bob's new boat, thats highly unlikely that they are just new fans of his. They tried to enter Bolton Landing Marina to inspect my previous boat while it was on the rack. To their dismay the guys at the marina would not allow them to enter. Just trying to give you all the info so that you understand I'm not just some ******* on a rant. Again thanks for the replies.