Another stepped hull goes dancing

Notices

Another stepped hull goes dancing

Old 06-03-2004, 06:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser

The only thing I am surprised to learn of in this multi-paged thread is that some still think steps are a gimmik.
I have no opinion if they are a gimmik or not, but they damn sure are a marketing tool. If not, they wouldn't be mentioned in a brochure.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cuda
I have no opinion if they are a gimmik or not, but they damn sure are a marketing tool. If not, they wouldn't be mentioned in a brochure.
A gimmick is a deceptive maneuver. Mentioning a feature of the boat is expected. Features tell benefits sell. It's the increase in speed that sells.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why are Cats even mentioned in here ?? Along with the fact that there are many “Mentalities” to the Vee bottom issue and it is Unfair to place them all in the same Group..
Hustler and OL have pretty good records..
Old 06-03-2004, 07:07 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Why do you think that is ?

G
Old 06-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why are Cats even mentioned in here ?? Along with the fact that there are many “Mentalities” to the Vee bottom issue and it is Unfair to place them all in the same Group..

Nice kitty.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

1 Hi
That could or would fall under the heading "Customer service"and or skull session,guidance,teaching, training..But the fact remains Hustler was the first 100 MPH production boat..And OL has the Speed record,That in-itself says they are doing a lot of things right.Weather screening customers or more sophisticated training sessions and repeat experienced buyers.

Or could simply be the law of probability How many Gladiators and TS's have been sold in comparison to the others?
Old 06-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

1 Hi
That could or would fall under the heading "Customer service"and or skull session,guidance,teaching, training..But the fact remains Hustler was the first 100 MPH production boat..And OL has the Speed record,That in-itself says they are doing a lot of things right.Weather screening customers or more sophisticated training sessions and repeat experienced buyers.

Or could simply be the law of probability How many Gladiators and TS's have been sold in comparison to the others?
When I called last year all they screened me for was $$.
Lots more Cigs out there than Ol and Hustlers at least in my area. I never even saw a Hustler or Ol except in a magazine till last season. Always wondered why Hustlers and OL's are such limited production boats. Demand usually drives production.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 06-03-2004 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hydro then it is like I said the shear numbers rule.. But I just can't Imagine sitting someone in a 100 MPH +++ 1 Mill Boat and just pushing them off the dock and waving good-Bye maybe a OL guy will chime in here and reiterate the instructed wheel time they get at Purchase.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hydro then it is like I said the shear numbers rule.. But I just can't Imagine sitting someone in a 100 MPH +++ 1 Mill Boat and just pushing them off the dock and waving good-Bye maybe a OL guy will chime in here and reiterate the instructed wheel time they get at Purchase.
I think most dealers handle buyers questions well and give a sea trial. That I think Is customary for education and to further bond with their customers. The guy I boat my boat from went for a ride with me, only spoke when spoken to and yea cast me off with a wave. Then poor service and no help from that point onward. Next boat will be a Cigarette.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:16 PM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

1 Hi

Yo 1,

That's about exactly what I was thinking, but I wanted to hear it from you. I do think it is more to do with the number of boats sold. Add that OL's are an exclusive boat and probably draw a more mature clientel ... maybe.

For the record ... we had an OL hook and spin in the SCOPE Poker Run a couple of years ago ... and it wasn't in a turn. I won't say it was a hardware issue, but it was a combination of HIGH speed, driver and boat.

G

Quick Reply: Another stepped hull goes dancing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.