If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Anyone think advertising on Race Boats doesn't work?

Absolutely Mr V.

Many "business" deals made at the track in a hospitality suite. One of the things I offer in any marketing/sponsorhip package I try to sell is free pit passes or hospitality area passes, etc. Give the sponsor or potential client something they could not have otherwise experienced. You simply cannot "buy" pit/garage credentials to most bigtime motorsports venues. You have to be "invited" or on a "list" provided to the sanctioning body by a race team, entered in that weekends event, in order to gain admittance. I wish the Offshore world would look into this for many reasons. I am sort of new at this, but I am lucky to have a pretty indepth experience with NASCAR Cup racing and try to apply what I have learned over the years.

Study after study shows how much more effective Motorsports can be than other sporting venues....

Quote Originally Posted by mr_velocity

And never, never, never try to sell TV coverage since it's spotty at best. If you do happen to get good coverage, you can send them a tape and say "look what we were able to do for you."
    Yup...never promise too much from a performance aspect...becuase anything can happen in racing. That is why you have to provide a great package OFF the race course. That is the key to Motorsports Marketing. Why is it that a team who finishes 30th or worse every year in Cup racing points still has a $10-12 million a year sponsor...??

They get basically little "TV time" and still pull big money. It's all about the other stuff. Extra TV time is a bonus, as Mr V said.

well, I was in Sams club once and bought some Utz Foods cheese balls just becase of the name...fell in love with them and buy them everytime now

Now if only Corona would sponsor a Race boat...I think between crazybastard and I we could support the thing all season

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234