Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   All Cat Owners (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80411-all-cat-owners.html)

Spine Tingler 06-08-2004 08:40 AM

Re: All Cat Owners

Sy

When can we expectto hear about a new cat program? I'm looking very hard at a couple of 40-50 foot cats and the 9-10K/ year insurance premium are scary!

Semper Fi 06-08-2004 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by BgBoost1

Semper Fi -if "Total Dollar" is so great, then why are you pumping "Worldwide Marine" at the beginning of this thread? Is it that Total Dollar will not insure cats?

I was merely trying to be "helpful" to some cat owners because I saw the ad for Worldwide Marine. I also was stating that I am VERY pleased with Total Dollar Insurance and wanted to let other OSO'ers know in case they were looking for insurance. I don't know if TD insures cats.
Any insurance company can call any manufacturer and get speeds of any of their product with an easy phone call if they needed to.

I was trying to be helpful and all I got was sarcasm from you. :argue:

Havasu Cig 06-08-2004 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by welladjusted
Sy

When can we expectto hear about a new cat program? I'm looking very hard at a couple of 40-50 foot cats and the 9-10K/ year insurance premium are scary!

I just got a quote not long ago of nearly 7k on a 29' cat with 525's. I can get a hell of a deal on the boat but I can't swallow 7k a year for insurance when I pay 1/2 that on the Gun.

Robbie Racer 06-08-2004 06:53 PM

I called everyone that I could think of to try to get insurance on my 25' Carrera. When I tell them it has 1100 hp, they do the calculations and say it's capable of going over 120 mph (they are right) and they say "NO WAY"!!! I will call First Marine tomorrow to see what they say just for the exercise.

SR-24 06-09-2004 07:14 AM

RR, let us know what they say; I'm interested.

Robbie Racer 06-09-2004 09:31 AM

They told me that they don't insure in CA (where I live). :(

SR-24 you might want to see if they insure the state that you live in.

SR-24 06-09-2004 09:35 AM

I no longer own a cat; I was just curious.

jdnca1 06-09-2004 01:16 PM

I just went through all of this again recently. There are only 2 companies I know of that will underwrite "twin engine" cats. Ace and Markel. I do know someone who used Lloyds of London in the past, but that should be viewed as a last resort.

Some people have gotten buy with State Farm, progressive, etc. Most are policys that have been in effect for 3yrs+ before all of the bad press. If there is a claim, or you trade boats they will NOT likely renew no matter how much other "stuff" you have with them.

Single cats are getting very tough also.

Worldwide is great to work with from my experiences.

The Menace 06-09-2004 01:25 PM

Just received my new insurance policies:

97 Top Gun with 600's $3,122.00

90 Ocean Express Cat Twin 1,000's 2,842.00

Inamar, Recreational Maritime Insurance.

Yes, the cat is less I did not invert the #'s! :crazy:
No tickets, One accident on my experience (totaled my QX4 SUV though), 54, don't smoke, have my plane insurance with the same company.

Dueclaws 06-09-2004 01:59 PM

I wonder if they'll write in Texas? My age bracket, etc are similar to yours, but my Jag is 40' and the engines are only 800s. Texas is almost expensive as Florida though.
Due