Notices

WOW.. mini VS. f-150

Old 06-03-2004, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WOW.. mini VS. f-150

All depends how they hit. We get full size trucks all the time that are totally tacoed in low speed crashes. Last week we had a 02 tahoe that some chick did $6500.00 damage in a parking lot.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm sure Ford could build a safer truck......if thats what the market place requests. But I don't think we want to pay for the extra engineering and it would drive up the cost of the vehicle. Is a Mercedes safer than an Accord? I'm sure it is but it also a lot more money.

I hate reporters that try to sensationalise this kind of stuff. How about focusing on increasing driver education and testing instead? Oh yea, that would require an effort on our part and wouldn't be fair to the poor and uneducated. Let's make the government and car manufacturers responsible instead!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JUST ONCE
All depends how they hit. We get full size trucks all the time that are totally tacoed in low speed crashes. Last week we had a 02 tahoe that some chick did $6500.00 damage in a parking lot.
Tacoed? Tacoed?.... lmao.... is that folded up like a taco shell with occupants inside?....I've heard of "accordianed"... but never tacoed....
Old 06-03-2004, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Tacoed? Tacoed?.... lmao.... is that folded up like a taco shell with occupants inside?....I've heard of "accordianed"... but never tacoed....
You like that A true taco only occurs in a hard collision with a tree, or pole.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:59 AM
jtmiller02

Its all about mass, it doesn't matter what the small car is its going to have a lot easier time than the big truck when it goes head-on into a wall. However I have yet to see an accident that occurred like this in my town. I also wonder about crashing the car without the side door in place. In the ford truck the doors are a very integral part of that structure.

Like I said before though, I wouldn't want to be in that ford if it was run into a bridge impointment at 60mph but up against another vehicle I'll take my big truck any day. My F-150 is just about exactly like that one, and it saved my life in my accident. Had I been on my bike or in my 300zx turbo, the SUV that hit me would have won.

BTW. thats about $14,000 in repairs, and still counting.

Last edited by jtmiller02; 06-03-2004 at 10:01 AM.

Old 06-03-2004, 10:28 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I hate to go engineer on you but greater mass will create greater damage at any speed. More energy has to dissipate.

Remember the old E=MC2 thinghy in HS physics. E is energy and M is mass.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you think the mini would look like if it hit my HUMMER........pancaked?
Old 06-03-2004, 11:41 AM
jtmiller02

Exactly, a Montero T-boned my F150, there wasn't much left of the montero.

Old 06-03-2004, 12:53 PM
Registered

I don't know what the agenda was with that article but if your going to try to discredit a vehicle at least compare it to the other vehicles in it's class. Where are the pictures of the gm or dodge half ton trucks to see how they looked and in the stats of deaths per vehicle again no gm or dodge trucks listed, how convenient.

here are the ratings from the nhtsa web site for 2002 trucks: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/Cars/2002Pkup.html

and here is the link for the 2004 trucks:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/Cars/2004Pkup.html
Old 06-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Registered

I was in a car that hit a oak tree square and wrappped it @ 75. Did not break the tree. I walked away, no injuries. And have been hit pretty hard in dirt track and demo ,and can say that with an airbag I'll drive either of those into a wall @ 40 to prove that its not fast enough to kill you. Any faster though and it prolly wouldn't be a good idea.

Quick Reply: WOW.. mini VS. f-150

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.