Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NYC Poker Run Raft UP ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80473-nyc-poker-run-raft-up.html)

toolman 06-05-2004 08:33 AM

Re: NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??

Anyone else launching at LL state park besides me?

The ramp is a ***** (not usable) at low tide. Might have to check the tide chart prior.

Exit 14B off the NJ Turnpike for those of you that have never been there before.
I think it's still around 10 bucks.

26sonic 06-05-2004 10:08 AM

berco what year 31 sonic and engines ? you'll see some fellow sonic owners down there ! a few 26 and 35's

berco 06-05-2004 02:50 PM

It is a 96 with 454's carbed and we love the boat. We are going to put in fri morn. at LL and ride up to Havastraw

ActiveFun 06-05-2004 04:48 PM

Thanks Hot Boat. Im may possibly along in a friends boat for the Poker Run. If not, I will meet with you guys with my boat and definatley need 93 octane. Hopefully fill up on the trailer before launching. If so I will need a name or phone number of the launch area to call for exact directions from Long Island.

Hot Boat 06-05-2004 05:31 PM

The launch ramp is at the Peekskill River Front Green. It is the City of Peekskills river side park right off of Rt 9. It should be on most maps. When you cross over the railroad tracks to enter the park turn to the left. there will be a guy that will give you a ramp pass. I think it is a $25 fee. Its a great launch set up even for large boats.

CBR 06-05-2004 07:53 PM

Good, since my Sonic 30SS is in Miami, I'll pull up to the raft up (depending on wind conditions) in my other yacht: a ten foot inflatable with electric trolling motor! I'll bring extra beer for ballast.

Chris

Rolling Thunder 06-05-2004 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by CBR
Good, since my Sonic 30SS is in Miami, I'll pull up to the raft up (depending on wind conditions) in my other yacht: a ten foot inflatable with electric trolling motor! I'll bring extra beer for ballast.

Chris

Maybe you give that nut in the little red boat a run for his money! What was that, a 14 footer? Ran last year or the year before?

Shane 06-06-2004 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder
Maybe you give that nut in the little red boat a run for his money! What was that, a 14 footer? Ran last year or the year before?

His name is Tim Sharkey. He is an OSO member and his screen name is Sharkeymarine. The boat is a Bullet he built himself and he is a SUPER NICE GUY!

CBR 06-06-2004 06:09 PM

Yep, what Shane said. Tim is a super nice guy, not to mention having a big set of brass balls to run that minioffshore at the speeds he did, safely!!

No jokes about my inflatable Rolling Thunder, or I be chasing you in my inflatable with tasers attached to the electric trolling motor. <gg>

Chris288 06-07-2004 01:16 PM

This is shaping up to be a nice get together... :)

Now all we need is the weather god to cooperate.. :argue: