Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NYC Poker Run Raft UP ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80473-nyc-poker-run-raft-up.html)

Chris288 06-14-2004 01:00 PM

Re: NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??

Weather for saturday ,,, keep your fingers crossed,,, is 81 and mostly sunny !!! :) imagine that,,,, sun predicted for the NYC poker run,,, not the torrential rain and booming thunder and lightning we got stuck under the T.Z. bridge in last year... :(

BARCOASTAL 06-14-2004 01:44 PM

There is also a ramp right under the George Washington bridge on the NJ side, the ramp in nice , however the current and ferry wakes can make it a bit hairy?, but a nice ramp amd centrally located.... If my Boat's back in the Water i'll be in ..(25 outlaw), or i'll just jump in tantrums boat with them? Win or Loose ...Booze!

dckrafft 06-14-2004 09:14 PM

Hey Prowler and Chris - my boat is still in winter storage. I should be able to get to it some time this week. I hope to see you all on Saturday. I will just be going as far down as the TZ bridge - small boat/rough water even smaller gas tank etc. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Dave

Chris288 06-15-2004 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by dckrafft
Hey Prowler and Chris - my boat is still in winter storage. I should be able to get to it some time this week. I hope to see you all on Saturday. I will just be going as far down as the TZ bridge - small boat/rough water even smaller gas tank etc. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Dave

Dave,,, good to see your still around, see you on Saturday... :)

P.S. as far as the rough water,,, just bring the motocross helmets again... :D:D

ActiveFun 06-15-2004 10:41 AM

Im in Fellas!! Ill be trailering from Long Island to Peekskill per Pauls recommendation. What time are you guys meeting. If the run doesn't start until noon, we probably dont have to be out there too early right??

Chris288 06-15-2004 10:54 AM

I think the parade from the statue to the GWB takes approx. 15-20 minutes,, so the full bore run will most likely be 12:30, which means they should be flying by the T.Z. at what 12:35 :D:D .. Seriously, were going down early to check out all the hardware and then head up to the T.Z. before the run starts... if your only headed out to the raft up,,, no need to be there before say 11:30-12:00 ??

Prowler 06-15-2004 10:09 PM

Hey, Dave long time no see.. get that boat ready to float....LOL
We'd like to run with everyone down as far as the TZ bridge,, but we're gonna avoid the city also, just like last year. I don't think we will make it as early as everyone else is leaving though. I don't want to hold anyone up either. But, we'll try to make it around 9 AM, everyone will probably be heading down the river just as we pull in to the launch like last year, all we heard was thunder going down the river, if so maybe we'll see everyone after the run. My brother's new boat isn't gonna be delivered in time now, he got the "good" news today. The dealer said its done, but now he has to wait for them to bring it up from Ohio.

26sonic 06-15-2004 11:11 PM

never fear jill(sonic99) + tony (26sonic) will be in attendance and leaving from gully's with a group going down . prowler did you call brent yet for the stern lite socket ? if not i have another spare to give you . see everyone on sat.!!

Chuck 06-16-2004 06:06 AM

Aaron and I are thinking that leaving from Albany will be cutting it too close as far as not missing any of the run. We would like to hook up with a group leaving south of Albany Sat. a.m. that are going to both LLM to look at the hardware and then to the raft up area and then some drinks!!!! Paul (Hotboat), what marina are you leaving from, and do you have room for 2 more boats in your group?

ROGMAN 06-16-2004 06:57 AM

Does the weather outlook for Saturday still look good?