Notices

NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??

Old 06-16-2004, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??

Who the heck knows,,, they said it was supposed to rain and be miserable yesterday, could not have asked for a better day,,, right now they are saying mostly sunny and 85,, just about anything has got to be better than the mini hurricane we got caught in last year..
Old 06-16-2004, 07:38 AM
Registered

Talked to a few more people that are going to raft up north of the TZ. Personally I think south is going to be better but to each his own.
Chris...what do you think about stopping by Chrystal Bay afterwards. The river boat will be open and its pretty close.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

yeah, I bought my first set of foul weather gear for last years run!
Old 06-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

26Sonic, I keep going by Brent's house whenever I go through town, and never see signs of life when I go by. Does he work different hours? How did you end up with another spare? Did you get a purple one? Are you and Jill going together or taking separate boats? You guys are probably gonna be heading out by the time we get there. I hope my drop hitch gets here in time I ordered Monday, my old one just isn't gonna work...LOL Saturday is coming quick, hope the weather holds up!!!
Attached Thumbnails NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??-truckcompare.jpg   NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??-truckboat.jpg  
Old 06-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Registered

Prowler I will wait for you at the landing. I remembered that last time out the oil temp gage was pinned, I will have to see what the problem is. I took Friday off from work - hopefully I will be ready. (I also have to check on the wheel bearings, we do not need any more tow trucks at the launching ramp!)
Old 06-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

prowler , brent works nites with me sun-tues 6pm-6am . he will be riding with us in jill's boat !!! and will bring the socket ! I did'nt realize i had another one in my closet!! so find us before you leave to go home for the lite socket.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Registered

I would like to run down with everyone,,, planning to leave 8:30 but would wait til 9 if everyone can make by then... ??
Old 06-16-2004, 09:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey guys! Pic your location carefully. You are going to be seeing some real missiles coming by your way.

Hot Boat, 1 suggestion. Get the fastest film speed available....

I just got word that this will be the Outerlimits and the Fountain showdown...

Please get plenty of pics because I will still be at Liberty Landing as this all goes down.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

Yea, people will start to think thats how you get your boat around!!
I got a few hours break in time on mine since refresh, so hopefully all goes well. I took care of that fuel problem, I had last year. My drop tow hitch came today, boy is it heavy duty too (16K). So everything is looking good. Brian, with the 36 Outlaw is going to meet us at Newburgh (on the water), in his boat, he's driving it all the way from Castleton (near Albany). There's another guy trailering with us with a 29 Thomson. We are gonna meet up at Exit 21 on the thruway at 8 AM. Hope all goes well...see ya Saturday!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Charter Member #1472
Charter Member

26Sonic, Hey, we'll be there at 9AM. We're only gonna run as far as the bridge area though, I don't want to get mixed up in the traffic in the City. All you guys cruise too fast for me anyway...LOL my fuel economy at 4600 rpm @ 75 MPH isn't that great. My bro will probably be with me since his darn new boat isn't gonna be here on time... we've got our fingers crossed that the Baja dealer will surprise him. Your gonna end up giving Brent (boatitis)!!! We are planning on hanging around for awhile down there.
It's funny you have two spares, and I've been running with that broken socket for 2 years...LOL

Also, speaking of good spots to sit, one year we sat at one of the card stops on the North side of the bridge, and "oh my God"...it was awesome and deafening (in a good way) when they came blasting out of there right off of the bow, it was a boat club on the East side of the river in the bay area....that is where you can get excellent pictures, and video!!!

Quick Reply: NYC Poker Run Raft UP ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.