Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   When is the Oshkosh Poker Run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80533-when-oshkosh-poker-run.html)

MrCIG 06-06-2004 07:36 PM

Re: When is the Oshkosh Poker Run?

1 Attachment(s)
We'll be there

B38 06-06-2004 09:17 PM

Downtown / Yeah, we are in the same place.
Women where just uninviteing, men where god like atitude. I spoke with a few dudes who just walked away acting as if they are the best. Oh well, maybe just a few @holes floating about. :blaster:

rv 06-07-2004 07:42 AM

RonS,
Sounds good, give us a call when you get on the water. Hopefully, we will be running around by then and we can hook up. We should be there about 1-2pm.

Rick

joe900sc 06-07-2004 08:20 AM

They sell 92 octane right at the marina that holds the event.

I've been in over 20 poker runs and this is one of the best...Great run, great food, and a good friday and saturday party too!

See ya there...

Downtown42 06-07-2004 09:22 AM

Joe, you still running the 35'? I've run with you several times, had the white Ram with SRX plates.

You still running those 800 cobras(?)

Quiet Storm 06-07-2004 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by RonS
From talking to Mark Lee last year I believe he pulls a special permit that exempts the Poker runners from noise restrictions the day of the run.

He can only pull one per year so they are not exempt during the labor day run.

The run this year will not go up the river at all, the performance marine stop has been changed.

You may want to contact Mark through the OshkoshThunder.com website to make sure that I'm correct.

RV, we'll be up there later Fri afternoon, I'll give you a call on your cell to see where you guys are at.

Mark said that he has no permits from the DNR and that we should have mufflers. I do and still wouldn't make it. He has talked to them and hopes that they will leave us alone but could not promise anything.

Brad Zastrow 06-07-2004 10:11 AM

I have been to this event in the past. The DNR even had a safety talk at the beginning. Many boats were open exhaust. If they pick on this event there will be some very upset boaters, me included. Even with my mufflers I am nowhere near 87 DB. You would need a fishing boat with a little outboard to pass.

rv 06-07-2004 11:40 AM

Brad I hope you are right.

Just to clarify, I contacted the WI DNR on the noise measurement test.
They typically do the stationary test and it is 86db at 40" from the back of the boat and 48" to 60" above the water.

The drive by test is done at wide open throttle and measured 50'. For officer's safety they do not do that test and if they do it from a dock he said you would be in violation of running to close to a dock.

Rick

MrCIG 06-07-2004 01:01 PM

Do they check the db on the A scale or the C scale?
I have a db meter with both scale I check before hand but I know I'm over.

Mark

Brad Zastrow 06-07-2004 01:18 PM

I did the self test with a db meter 4' up and 3' back. 105db mufflers on...... 110 off. Nobody would pass in typical Poker Run at 87 db. Going up the Wolf River on Sunday I would not recomend. The harrasment is higher up there.