Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   When is the Oshkosh Poker Run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80533-when-oshkosh-poker-run.html)

Downtown42 06-07-2004 05:18 PM

Re: When is the Oshkosh Poker Run?

1 Attachment(s)
There is ONE AREA as stated before on beutamore by that damn shoreline running to Winneconnie. DNR has always BEGGED to turn mufflers on.

Joe, I agree. There won't be any problems out on the lake. Potential running Friday or Sunday on the river could be an issue, just use mufflers when you can.

Pair a dice....42 MTI

OshkoshThunder 06-07-2004 05:50 PM

Hey guys,

I thought it was about time to chime in here and thank all of the past Oshkosh Thunder members for attending one of the best Poker Runs in the Midwest. Lake Winnebago provides a beautiful backdrop for 100 boats and three helicopters again this year. The Pioneer Resort (on an Island) is a unique Poker Run spot where your boat slip, hotel room, and many restaurants are within a few hundred feet of each other. The approximate 70 mile course is ALL on open lake water and there is a new lunch stop this year. The hosting lunch site actually built an event called 'Haborfest' around our event. The community loves to have us up here and always shows appreciation. Please don't miss the opportunity to come up and see some of the coolest boats in the Midwest including Pair-a-Dice Racing's 42' MTI SuperCat boasting twin 1350 Sterlings. Email [email protected] with any questions concerning this event. The OTPR committee and our sponsors look forward to seeing you there.

Mark Lee
Event Producer

joe900sc 06-07-2004 06:14 PM

Well there it is from "tha man" himself...

Sorry Mark I said your boat had 1450s...but I see you have 1350s instead boy I didn't realize you were so conservative with your power...what, it will only go 180 now... :drool:

This year is going to be awsome...I'll have one of the video cameras in my boat and i'll get a shot as you blow by me...we'll have to edit that in the 2004 thunderrun video this year :)

See ya on Friday!

MrCIG 06-07-2004 07:26 PM

Thanks for the info Mark see you Friday

Mark

pair-a-dice 06-07-2004 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pair-a-Dice Racing is proud to be a part of the Oshkosh Thunder Poker Run this year and we are looking forward to a great event. We hope to see everyone there.

Pair-A-Dice Racing
www.pair-a-dice-racing.com

Cord 06-07-2004 10:10 PM

Are you guys going to run the pair in the event? Has the Sorcerer made a reservation? That would be kinda cool to see the two of you stretching your legs next to each other...

BTW-please tell me that they moved the fishing tournament. :rolleyes:

OshkoshThunder 06-07-2004 10:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys,

Just want to clarify that the 42 MTI is owned by Rick Perthel that started Pair-a-Dice racing. He has been a past member of Oshkosh Thunder running a yellow 42 Fountain with 900SC's. I'm just one of the lucky dogs that gets to race with him in the boat. Pics attached...

OBNOXUS21 06-07-2004 10:27 PM

Man-o-man would I love to see that rig being pulled down the highway :cool: :cool: :cool:

OshkoshThunder 06-07-2004 10:38 PM

Cord,

The fishing tournement is in FDL. We are going to be miles from there...

hp500efi 06-08-2004 06:11 AM

Sounds like everything will be allowed this weekend so that is a good thing. The "lake only" run should keep the barney fife's on the channel and river and away from the runners.

Mark, about what time does the run bring you in FDL?