Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   When is the Oshkosh Poker Run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80533-when-oshkosh-poker-run.html)

Waterfoul 06-03-2004 05:52 PM

When is the Oshkosh Poker Run?

Just wondering....

ClassCig38 06-03-2004 07:17 PM

Re: When is the Oshkosh Poker Run?

Hi. 10 Annual Oshkosh Thunder Run is next weekend. June 11,12,13. Several Hammond IN Boats are going including us, "Mr. Cig" Quiet Storm, Life is Good, Donzi38 and Donzigirl to name a few. www.oshkoshthunder.com for details. Our first time there, have heard a "boat load" of good feedback for a great organized run. :drink:

Cord 06-03-2004 08:58 PM

It's a really nice run. I have made it twice and would do it again this year, but I'm broke(n). Just be sure you have FULL TIME mufflers. Wisconsin does not recognize a switchable muffler. The DNR is very strict on that lake and they will be out in force for the run. The legal limit is 87db. The lake is shallow, but you won't run aground during the run. I mention the depth because the water will get ugly if the wind kicks up. Please be prepared. You'll be impressed with the food spread. They do a really nice lunch and dinner on Saturday. I've never made the Friday party. Usually, people clear out Sunday morning.

ClassCig38 06-03-2004 09:28 PM

Well the noise maybe a problem I have switchable mufflers and with them closed I'm still over 100db. I will play nice and idle on one maybe thay will leave me alone. I didn't realize they were that strict up there.

Cord how long is the run (miles)?
I need to know how much fuel to put in I don't like towing with the tank full.

To much weight. Is there 92 octane on the lake?

Thanks
Mark

Waterfoul 06-03-2004 11:30 PM

Shoot. I was hoping it was a little later Tim. I was going to suggest that Vickie and I go in on it with you and I'd bring the batteries with me then. But not if it's next weekend and your boat is still down. Bummer. :(

'Foul

hp500efi 06-04-2004 05:38 AM

Strict is an understatement.....I have never seen so many DNR officers in my life up that way. Might want to check with the organizers to see if they have made any arrangements with the DNR regarding the run otherwise be prepared.

B38 06-04-2004 07:07 AM

Hey waterfoul,cord,hp500.
Its me Mr. B3 hiding in the woods.
I will go up and see the race with one of my boats, just don't know wich 1.
Should i go with speed or my 390 Express. I have both, but can not drive both.Ha, Ha.
Keep me informed on dates and I will show up with one of my Toys. B3

rv 06-04-2004 07:19 AM

We are going up for the run and will have a few boats for Northpoint Marina going with us. Does anyone know the distance the meter is from the water and the transom when they test you for 87db?

Thanks,
Rick

Downtown42 06-04-2004 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by ClassCig38
Well the noise maybe a problem I have switchable mufflers and with them closed I'm still over 100db. I will play nice and idle on one maybe thay will leave me alone. I didn't realize they were that strict up there.

Cord how long is the run (miles)?
I need to know how much fuel to put in I don't like towing with the tank full.

To much weight. Is there 92 octane on the lake?

Thanks
Mark

Run is approx 80-90mi total. Performance Marine Rod should sell 92-93 octane. The DNR will talk at drivers meeting. They will tell you where to turn the mufflers on to keep the homeowners happy. I don't think there will be much problem on the run as money goes to local charities.

http://www.perfmarine.net/used.htm

Downtown42 06-04-2004 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Bravo III
Hey waterfoul,cord,hp500.
Its me Mr. B3 hiding in the woods.
I will go up and see the race with one of my boats, just don't know wich 1.
Should i go with speed or my 390 Express. I have both, but can not drive both.Ha, Ha.
Keep me informed on dates and I will show up with one of my Toys. B3

Brave Heart, yell at me if you are at Riversplash. I'm leaving this morning and returning Sunday.... 35' black and white fountain..."Downtown"