Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   looking for friends (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80539-looking-friends.html)

yesrej 06-03-2004 07:37 PM

looking for friends

i boat on the hudson. i keep my boat in rockland county. stony piont area. i was wondering if anyone of you were from the area. i own a 1990 201 four winns liberator. not excacty a speed boat but you got to start somewhere right? i bought the boat 2 years ago and love it. boating is the greatest and most relaxing thing in the world. i would love to see some of the boats that you guys have. some are amazing and i would love to have some of them. i just want to know if you guys are in the area if you would like to get together and talk boats. im 23 and dont know much so any advice or anything you guys could tell me would be great. thanks guys. i hope to meet somof you.

glassdave 06-03-2004 07:50 PM

Re: looking for friends

well . .i'm not on the Hudson but welcome to the board. if your lookin to talk boats you came to the right place. we got everything here from Bayliners to NorTechs. i believe we may have some members out there. i know i have seen referance to Stony point on here somewhere, might want to do a search. have fun an be safe :D

i see on another thread you are looking for a convincor. that will be a great step from the 4Winns. i have a factory sales brochure for an 89 lay'n around some where. i have always liked those.

Tantrum 06-03-2004 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are several of us up in that area
Several sonics (2) 26's, 31, 358
A couple of Scarabs, one has been rebuilt and christened as a 29 "Kappus"
a 37 OL patiently awaiting it maiden voyage. I have a 25 Active Thunder and there is a 30 Cobra cat that are all owned by board members

Welcome to the board.
What color is your boat?

yesrej 06-03-2004 08:35 PM

tantrum, i am a big fan of your boat. i love the style of it. it kinda looks like a sonic. if i had the money i would be all over that boat. what are you planning on buying now.oh and my boat is white with a red and grey strip. name of it is 4 ever broke.

Tantrum 06-03-2004 08:45 PM

Looks like a Sonic maybe, I wont say they dont have similar lines.
But rides like an Active Thunder
There is an older AT for sale that might be in your range in NH I believe. You would have to do some research as to who was building them in that year. You wont find a better hull IMO for this size.
Make sure you get down to the raft up at the NYC Poker Run.....there will be a plethora of us disfunctionals.

Why arent my smilies workin!

Tantrum 06-03-2004 08:47 PM

Maybe somthing with one of those funny split hulls and the smokey engines on the back.
Not sure until I sell this one.........I bet it will be fast though.....they usually are ;-)

yesrej 06-03-2004 08:50 PM

i will have to stop by the raft up. disfunctionals! i fit right in. i wanted to ask you. have you ever sat in croton or got gas at the panco station. if you have i think i might have seen you. ive only seen one active thunder in person.

Tantrum 06-03-2004 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yep and Yep
Im the only AT up in there area on a regular basis.
This is another asylum escapee you might have seen me with.

yesrej 06-03-2004 09:30 PM

my marina is the one right next to panco. i think i tried to catch you once last year. i saw you leave panco and i wanted to get another look at your boat because i havent seen another active thunder but i dont run that fast. i think you where with a 26 sonic.

Tantrum 06-03-2004 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe with this guy