Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Good Ole Oklahoma Wind (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80588-good-ole-oklahoma-wind.html)

FINMAN 06-04-2004 08:54 AM

Good Ole Oklahoma Wind

2 Attachment(s)
On June 2nd we had some strong winds and rain come through downtown Tulsa that did some damage to some buildings downtown and left several thousand people without power. The weather men said winds up to 80mph and reports of "Gustnados" whatever that is.

FINMAN

FINMAN 06-04-2004 09:40 AM

Re: Good Ole Oklahoma Wind

Bub,

Are your boats ok after the docks crashed together sat night at Cherokee?

Finman

Cord 06-04-2004 09:53 AM

Please note that all the glass was pulled OUT of the building! This is one of the things that make high rise design so difficult. The same building will have postive pressure on one side and negative on the other.

FYI-the same building will also have heating and cooling events occuring at the same time. It all depends on which side of the building is being warmed by the sun.

FINMAN 06-04-2004 10:17 AM

They say this building is designed to sway 11' in each direction. The news had interviewed a guy who was in his office and when the building started to sway he rolled to one side in his chair.

Sydwayz 06-04-2004 10:23 AM

WOW! That framework looks buckled. Thats big time $$.

WARPARTY36 06-04-2004 11:39 AM

Both boats are fine. I actually left the club early Saturday night to make sure the Carver was safe. I thought Saturdays storm was bad but Wednesdays was terrible :eek: SEVERAL THOUSAND PEOPLE more like 74,000 families were with out electric and 40,000 still don't have electric! Most of the 40,000 won't have any until Sunday :(

Now they are saying Tuesday :o

Outlawcowgirl 06-04-2004 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Same thing happened here in Kansas Wednesday. It derailed 68 grain cars and caused a dust storm like the one's in the 30'0.

JUSTONCE 06-04-2004 12:15 PM

From the way the glass is mostly outside and the way the structure is bowed outward it looks like once some of the windows broke the wind pressurized the inside of the building and forced the structure outwards. WOW!

SummerObsession 06-04-2004 12:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yep. We had the same stuff in western Ks.
We were at the lake house and watched this stuff come screaming down the lake. All wind, no rain at all.

This is WaKeeny, Ks, just 25 miles north of the lake house:

SummerObsession 06-04-2004 12:39 PM

Hmmmm, I wonder what makes me want to relocate? :blaster: