LI Boating

Old 06-06-2004, 06:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LI Boating

Originally Posted by John NY
Stan,

I grew up about 1 mile fom PJ Harbor heading towards Setauket. Once upon a time I was a regular fixture at Billy's (sponge shots anyone?), but we used to crawl through all the bars in town. This was back in early 80's to early 90's.

In 90 I moved to Westchester. Don't get down that way too often anymore, but we boat in PJ several times each summer. Already have a reservation at Danford's for the 4thof July weekend. Also will likely be out there for a day trip next weekend if the weather is nice.

Not sure if we've ever crossed paths, but happy to say hello when I'm out that way.

John

We sure may have crossed paths. I grew up in Port Jeff Station. You've went past my house on 25a by "Handlebars" I'm sure. An 18 wheeler used to take the the space where the Cigarette parks now.

Stan.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Registered

I would love to have someone tow my 36' Spectre from Roanoke, VA to the Montauk or Shelter Island area in August. Any takers? Also, is there any marinas out that way that will store the boat for a few weeks and put it and-and-out for me to use? I called Port of Egypt and they said no. Any help would be appreciated? TNX.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:22 AM
Registered

Spectre Man, I would not let those Marinas in that area handle your boat. I grew up out there and from experience I can say they really are not good at caring for boats. Call Falcon Marine in Hampton Bays. 631-723-0794. They only handle performance boats, and are top notch. They are on the South Shore, but a short ride towards Shelter Island.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking to stay on Shelter Island there are a few maina's to stay at. If you want walking distance to town call Picozzi's Marina. Or you can stay at the Island Boatyard or Cocles Harbor MArina. Both of which have van service to wherever you want to go on the Island.

Check Out www.liopa.com for our yearly Shelter Island Run and Dock Party. Good chance to learn the waters out east from a few people who know them.

Pure Energy hope you guys can make it again this year. And plan on making the trip at night with us to see the fireworks in three mile harbor that night. You missed a good time last year.

Titan
Old 06-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
Spectre Man, I would not let those Marinas in that area handle your boat. I grew up out there and from experience I can say they really are not good at caring for boats. Call Falcon Marine in Hampton Bays. 631-723-0794. They only handle performance boats, and are top notch. They are on the South Shore, but a short ride towards Shelter Island.

Ken is right.
Call Jimmy at Falcon.
It's where my boat is as well as a few other OSO members...
Give us a shout if you get up this way and I'll show you around.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Registered

Re: LI Boating

hey wes did you fire up that apache yet? are you doing the nyc poker run?
give a call 631-774-5311 brian
Old 06-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Registered

The Long Island (www.LIOPA.com ) club which I belong to has several good runs this year. We also go over to Stamford CT every other Thursday leaving from Smithtown Harbor. The other thursdays we go over to Louie's in Port Washington. All are welcome to join in. I am in Pirates Cove often...look for my 35 NORDIC FLAME and say hello. Here is a picture of my new boat.
Attached Thumbnails LI Boating-oso35.jpg  

Last edited by Sick Nordic; 06-06-2004 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sick Nordic... I'll be in the Bullet moored in the northeast corner of the cove. There may be my buddies 42' Excalibur there as well. Stan
Old 06-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
hey wes did you fire up that apache yet? are you doing the nyc poker run?
give a call 631-774-5311 brian
Hey Bri !
We went out for awhile last weekend but it was just too cold to stay out.
Boat ran great...its gonna be a good Summer.
I'll call you this week.
Is your boat running now ??...you need to come up with us and run one of these weekends.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Sick Nordic
The Long Island (www.LIOPA.com ) club which I belong to has several good runs this year. We also go over to Stamford CT every other Thursday leaving from Smithtown Harbor. The other thursdays we go over to Louie's in Port Washington. All are welcome to join in. I am in Pirates Cove often...look for my 35 NORDIC FLAME and say hello. Here is a picture of my new boat.
Sick Nordic...
That's the nicest one I've ever seen.
Beautiful !!

Maybe see you guys on your run to Shelter Island.

Quick Reply: LI Boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.