Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My boat hits the water tomorrow!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80667-my-boat-hits-water-tomorrow.html)

Waterfoul 06-06-2004 08:32 PM

Re: My boat hits the water tomorrow!!

Well, my buddy who was supposed to go fishing with me this morning never showed up so I didn't go out on the boat. Instead, I helped Vickie move. I hate moving. Now I'm dead tired!

Audiofn 06-06-2004 10:15 PM

Crack That Whip!!!! You Are ***** Whipped!!!! Lol

R Addiction 06-06-2004 10:41 PM

Foul, You and I have to get together with our new boats :rolleyes:

Cord 06-07-2004 08:01 AM

I can't look! :ack:

R Addiction 06-07-2004 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cord
I can't look! :ack:

HEY!!! You should see it now!! No front lawn.......clean!!!! :D

GLH 06-07-2004 12:05 PM

Foul good for you.

Those seat covers are making a comeback and let us know the numbers with those fins on the outboard I'm intrigued.

Waterfoul 06-08-2004 03:08 PM

Those fins let me stay on plane at about 10 mph.... comes in real handy when towing the nephew on the tube (he's only 4 years old). Also, this hull is called the "aqua lift." It rides flat as a board so it tends to bounce up and down on just about any wave. The DolPhin's stopped that cold! Rides 10x better with them on the motor. And the time to plane is right NOW. No bow lift. The lake our cottage is on (Glen Lake, 20 miles west of Traverse City) is shallow (less than 3' deep) out for nearly 200 yards. I can get on plane in 2' of water with that boat. With my Baja I had to walk it half way across the damn lake before I could even start the engine!

'Foul

Waterfoul 06-08-2004 03:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Glad to see you are being safe and did not get a stepped hull :D

Who said it wasn't a stepped hull!!! Turn hard enough with the rotation of the prop and this boat will walk the tail right out to the front! Kinda fun at 25 mph and you know you are not going to get pitched out!! The front half of the hull mimics a tri-hull. The middle section is nearly glat and then has a sharp keel with a concavity to it at the transom (you can kinda see it in the second picture). Strange indeed.

Magicfloat 06-09-2004 10:49 AM

That racing stripe was standard from the factory. I am looking at a 1972 Glastron brochure ( we sold them for years) and Foul's boat is pictured with a 1971 Merc 50.The 1972 motor had a blue stripe. Maybe you have the photo shoot boat. :). But it doesn't matter,the value is decreased cause the motor is not the same model as the boat. Don't know why I'm posting this,I'm either bored or just too old. :):) Anyway,neat old boat,Glastron was always ahead of it's time.