Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lightning R Awesome Baby!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/80676-lightning-r-awesome-baby.html)

Donzi Corleone 06-05-2004 11:10 PM

Lightning R Awesome Baby!!!!

In the words of a great one,"IT'S AWESOME BABY" GAME 7 IS GONNA ROCK!!

cuda 06-06-2004 07:46 AM

Re: Lightning R Awesome Baby!!!!

I didn't get to see the game last night, but I listened to the last period and the OT on my way home from Deland. BTW, Orlando sports radio sucks! I had to try to listen to 620 from here in St Pete to pick up the game. I'm going to miss hockey after Monday night. Hopefully having the Cup will make it easier. :)

Donzi Corleone 06-06-2004 09:41 AM

They land at 4 today at the Raytheon terminal at Tpa. Int'l. I might just have to go and welcome them home. They really put a town into the night last night. That town was ready to erupt and party and now it goes wayyyyyyy South. Now if they can find the energy to win just 1 more 60 min. game.

cuda 06-06-2004 10:31 AM

Let's hope they break that win one lose one habit they are in. :)

kitten 06-06-2004 10:35 AM

GO Bolts!!

Formula Outlaw 06-06-2004 11:49 AM

I admire the effort the Bolts put forth to win last night's game. I've changed my mind and am rooting for the Bolts. But they were very very lucky.

The puck UNDENIABLY crossed the goal line for Calgary on that play in the third period. You could CLEARLY see at least a puck's width of clear ice between the puck and the goal line. And apparently, only ABC TV's cameras had that particular angle and picked that up. I was surprised that it wasn't reviewed longer by the "upstairs officials". Had they seen, unless they are trying to "fix" the outcome and I certainly hope they are not, that goal would certainly have been allowed. Yes it did bounce off the Calgary's players skate, but there was no directional change of the skate to intentionally deflect the puck into the net. It was a goal, no question about it. I just hope the Bolts take advantage of their good fortune.

It was also one real class act of Ray Bourque to call and encourage the Bolts.

LaughingCat 06-06-2004 07:13 PM

Put it this way, the win-one, lose-one trend sets up lots of drama for Monday night. People will think that Calgary is destined to win because we are cursed to lose. Truth is, we have momentum on our side. Calgary threw everything at us and we took their wind away. Now, Tampa is going to ignite behind our team. We're gonna show the world how to win in style.

Tampa Bay Lightning - America's Team

Go BOLTS!

Donzi Corleone 06-07-2004 06:51 AM

I think the momentum too is on our side! This is it, no tomorrow! I think the Anderychuck - Boruque similarity is gonna give the Lightning the edge..I'm going to watch this on the plaza at the Forum, I hope I have the nerve to watch, its so tense.

Audiofn 06-07-2004 06:58 AM

Ray B. is the man. I so wish he was still in Boston. I was however glad to see him play for a team that had a chance of winning the cup. He deserved one.

Tonight is going to be a good game and like you guys said I hope that they break the win one loose one streak. They also should have their air that they need for this one.... :D:D

Jon